They Wrote Back...

Back in August, when I went to Projekt Revolution, I brought along with me my unfinished, forty-five page manuscript of The Black Parade; my retelling of the album.

For the past couple of weeks, I've been in a slump, having my doubts that they would ever write back. I mean, it had been a month, and I was slightly disappointed for having had "such high hopes."

Well, today, for some reason, I had a feeling today would be the day that I would get a letter, a phone call, an e-mail, something.

And guess what...

I got a letter from them, written by a certain Gerard Way.

And here's what the letter said:

Hey Sam,

I bet you thought we would never write to you, that's my fault I suck at this letter shit, but I knew I had to tell you what we thought of your book.
OMG, it was awesome you should be an author. The details and how you build characters is amazing. I can't believe you wrote this. When do you think you will finish it? Maybe by Christmas? We'll be back from Australia the middle of December. Back in Jersey for Christmas!!
So, tell us about you, do a bio page with the end of the book and send it to us. How many times have you see us? Frank asked if you liked his oxygen mask at Project Revolution in CT? Were you in the front? Did you see the bear we got on stage? Did you like the couch idea? That concert kicked ass!
I know this is short, but we've so much crap to get done. Send us the rest of the book to us in the city. When we get back we're going to Reprise to write and jam some so send it there.

Reprise Records
75 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10019

Keep writing and ROCKING!!!!
The boys,
Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Bob, and Ray


And then he signed his signature, and put a smiley face by his traditional "XOXO G."

I am ecstatic. I was near tears from the letter, but I have a perma-grin...

Nothing can bring me down right now...

Scan of the letter on my profile. (:
October 6th, 2007 at 10:05am