Hockey Fics Recommendation, Pt. 4

I'm back a lot faster than I thought I would be. Well, I've been reading a lot of amazing fics lately that I just cannot resist! Oh, who loves my new Zucc and Hags layout?

Anyways, if you have not seen my OTHER installments of this blog: 1 | 2 | 3. If you are looking for something good to read, I am here to give you MY recommendations as per usual!

This time's favorite stories are:

[Centuries]
This is a Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews story, and I know there are a lot on this site, which is good! But I've came across this one accidentally! I got drawn by the title (yes, guilty Fall Out Boy fan here!) but then I read the first chapter and thought, 'damn! I really freaking love these characters!' Winnifred is my favorite character because she is so chill, and with her character background, she's just, IDK, really badass. I feel like most of us can personally relate to Keziah. She's awkward, quirky, weird, and is just so adorable. She rants a lot and says things out of the ordinary, and I'd love to say that we all have those moments. If you love Chicago's dynamic duo, you will love THIS story! Each of 'em gets mad love and it's just so interesting! Definitely anxious for more!

[East of Eden]
Reilly Smith is starting to get some love on here and I am so looking forward to that! As an NYR girl, I don't feel too hot about Boston, but I love Smitty, so I'm down for any story regarding him. This story is really amazing starting from the writing. The words just flow so well and is so easy to read. I especially love the characters developed in this. We get an insight on every single one of these characters, no matter level of importance, and each are given a little anecdote or a little something about them that makes them special and stand out from the rest. I love writers who incorporate this. That had me drawn immediately. And Zoe is a freaking ass-kicking woman and I love strong female characters who holds her own!

[Off Limits]
Another Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane story! I'm sorry guys if you are not a CHI fan :( But I really like this one! This story displays two sides of a woman and it is obvious that she has this internal conflict and midst of all that, she knows what she wants physically. I am left curious to what is going to happen soon and how things will turn out for these characters. This story is just a few chapters in so we don't know too much yet, but I am left wondering why Riley is doing what she is doing now and the context behind her relationship before the story took place.

[Burning Bridges]
You know me, I'd read anything with the word NYR on it! This Derick Brassard story is only one chapter in but it leaves a lot of questions and thoughts regarding what had happened between Derick and Natalie. I really love the single-mom trope who is dealing with her life and doing just fine, getting sucked back into the dynamics not because she is in need of something but because someone else is. I love Natalie because she is so frickin' strong and she's dealt with a lot. That hesitant interaction between Brass and Natalie is so great, and I love when these characters show some sort of dynamic in conversation. I think there's a lot of unfinished business and emotions that haven't been dealt with, and I see a lot of potential in this one so please do check it out!

[Everything Has Changed]
I don't really like Montreal, for obvious reasons, of course, but I gave this Alex Galchenyuk story a try and did not regret it. Sometimes good plot and writing makes me forget how much I actually hate the team/players/etc. I almost didn't read the first chapter learning that the female protagonist is related to Prusty but I told myself to suck it up and went for it. It is cute, the interactions that start between Alex and Lily, and I think it is very spontaneous, which I find amazing. I also love this struggle for both of these characters to make a move, and their views on relationship. It is nice to see them hesitate a bit and really think about it before moving in and going for it. It's nice and if you like Gally (I think that's what people call him), then this story is for you!

That is all for tonight. I have an exam tomorrow and I was SO procrastinating when I decided to write this!

Let me know which stories you've checked out and how you feel about it :)
February 6th, 2015 at 07:27am