Should Story Writing Be in Exams

Now I don't know about you but i'm one of those people who can't write to save their lives. I mean I can write songs and poems, but when it comes to actually getting a pen and paper or a laptop, the story, it just doesn't happen.

I'm not too sure if I'm right to assume that a lot if not most people here on mibba have a talent or able to write stories/fan fiction. Well let me just tell you, i'm jealous :) ( in a good way of course )

So what i'm trying to say is, I just want to shout-out to all the people who struggle with story writing, because i'm obviously not alone in this, there is one thing that bothers me, and that's the fact that in the Leaving Cert at the end of secondary school, we have to sit an English paper. Now I don't have that many problems with sitting an English paper but what bothers me is that in the paper we have to write our own story, on the spot, in the middle of your exam panic you must produce a professionally written novel ( well maybe not a novel but 5-6 pages that's a lot )

But here's the thing: It's not fair that people who can't write a story have to write one on their exams. I mean not everyone is a writer and for people like us it's extremely difficult to either come up with a story and plan it and write it properly. Not to mention that people who can't write stories also get marked the same as the people who are truly talented.

I just think the way we are marked in our English paper isn't really fair, whoever designs these exams should cop on and realize that not everyone can write stories. Well, that's my rant over :)

Thanks for reading <3
February 7th, 2015 at 10:03pm