Valentine's Day

Tomorrow is February 14th. We all know what that means. You buy your significant other presents, whether it's flowers or chocolates or jewelry or the biggest stuffed teddy bear you could find. You both sit down to a romantic dinner and look at each other, undressing each other with your eyes. Then after dinner, you go to the bedroom and consummate your love to each other, stripping clothes and touching skin. Then you make love on the one most romantic night of all.

Or you have a dinner, and fight over some small stupid thing and end up just going to bed angry or worse breaking up. All the time to get ready was wasted and now you will never have it back. All that money spent to look nice or have the perfect gift and one wrong thing said ruined your night. If it's bad enough, it ruined your relationship. Now you are single for Easter and the 4th of July. Thanksgiving and Christmas. Worse, you always remember Valentine's Day was the day you broke up.

Or, you are alone already. Hoping and praying your crush will look at you and ask you to be your valentine. You are hoping to run into that one person that will make your heart skip a beat and cause you to forget all of your troubles. You don't want to be that one person who is all alone on a Saturday night (this year) while their friends are out partying or making love and having a great night. You are home in your pajamas watching The Notebook and eating ice cream while wrapped in a nice warm blanket.

Think about it this way, no matter what scenario you are in, someone is happy (maybe not the 3rd scenario). Valentine's Day is just another day. It's a reason businesses make money, people have sex, and movies are popular. Who needs a date? Who wants to be home alone? Both are good questions.

I myself, yes I have a crush on someone, but I'm also perfectly happy sitting home curled in bed with a cup of coffee and Netflix watching a horror movie than worrying about looking nice for someone, spending money on someone, and hoping and praying things run smooth. I did that the last 4 years. Now, I am a single happy woman who has the world by the balls. Valentine's Day is about love and hearts and kisses and pretty rainbow. It's also about movies, dinner, and chocolate. I can have that any day of the year.

You know you are grown and mature when you realize you don't need someone else to make you happy if you can make yourself happy. Not to mentions tomorrow night I have to work so I won't even get home until about 11pm anyways.

It's just another day, it's going to snow, and whatever you do be careful, be smart, and be yourself. <3
February 13th, 2015 at 07:02pm