A Little About Me...

I've always had the writer's bug in me, ever since I was a kid. I love reading and I'm a big daydreamer so writing seemed kind of natural to me. At first, like every other teenager, I began writing poems that would express my teenage angst and I would post them on blogging websites. Although I was never the type of person to be open with people, I would post these poems publicly hoping to find someone that would feel the same way as I did. My poems reached more individuals than I had hoped, and I found it comforting to read my reader's comments that would express their similar feelings towards my own. Since then, I guess that I got more inspired to keep on writing whatever came to my mind, I even wrote some short stories that were, in all honesty, pretty creepy, but apparently people liked it and they enjoyed my creepy imagination. I suppose that one would think that I would end up in college with a major in english literature, but life has a funny way of leading to places you just gotta go first. Instead, I finished my bachelors degree in music, and now I'm currently studying my masters in vocal performance. My dream is to have honed my skills enough to become the best opera singer I can be. Of course, even in my busy schedule filled with rehearsals and gigs, I try to always find the time to write something, whether it'd be a poem, a blog, or even half of a chapter in a story. In the future I'm considering taking up some courses in english literature, who knows? Anything is possible! Someone once told me not to limit myself with just one skill. You know who you are. :)
February 14th, 2015 at 03:10pm