Unexpected Rehearsal

I've mentioned before how I don't like things coming up at the last minute? Well, turns out that in last nights rehearsal for the concert tonight, we were asked to sing a choir part of an opera called la Traviata. Although its very easy, I don't know the words because I've never even seen it before...so yeah right now I'm studying it. I hope tonight goes great for everyone, I love to sing and I have so much fun singing with my friends. Plus, we're singing with the symphonic orchestra of our country, which is a big thing. It's an honor to be a part of something so awesome! Despite the last minute thing. The funny thing is that when I was asked to sing, it was also kind of a sudden, I mean, I wasn't expecting to learn an ensemble for two weeks before the concert.
I keep telling myself that I should get used to this, especially in this kind of career. Opera singing is full of sudden engagements I suppose. It's also full of rude people and people who want nothing more than to see you squirm on stage (dramatic as it may sound, it's true). I think that the most important thing is to have fun with our music, that's my way of thinking regardless of everyone else who would wish me ill. Music is extremely important to me and I am but a humble servant to music.
February 20th, 2015 at 12:39pm