Movie Survey, Because I'm Incredibly Bored

My life has basically been a mosh pit of hurry-up-and-wait lately. Some days are packed with everything and the kitchen sink, and then days like today, my morning was hectic and the rest of the day is bound to be lackluster. So I'm killing time with this movie survey that's everywhere on the blogs page right now. XD

I am SO BAD at picking just one movie for these questions, so I just...completely broke the rules.

1. What’s the most depressing movie you’ve ever watched?
I cried four times during Big Hero 6, but I wouldn't really call it "depressing"...hm, I don't know. I tend to avoid movies I know are going to be tearjerkers. XD

2. What’s the most disturbing movie you’ve ever watched?
I'm not sure why, but Chronicle f*cked with me. Cabin Fever grossed me out when I was a kid, too.

3. An actor/actress you’ve seen in more than 8 movies?
Dan Aykroyd comes to mind immediately, thanks to my Blues Brothers phase in tenth grade, but I'm sure there are other people I've seen in movies a lot. Tom Hanks, John Belushi (well, the movies he was able to make), Emma Stone, and Steve Carrell also come to mind.

4. A film you could watch on repeat for the rest of your life?
The Blues Brothers or Toy Story, for sure! I can't marathon movies, though - I have a horrible attention span.

5. What’s the very first film you remember watching?
That's a great question. Probably either Toy Story or The Lion King or something.

6. A film you wish you hadn’t watched?
Blues Brothers 2000. I don't know why they bothered to make a sequel, and I don't know why they had to drag John Goodman into it, but I wish it never happened.

7. A film you wish had a sequel?
Ooh, this is iffy. The Breakfast Club would be cool if it was a modern-day deal, maybe where they meet up in modern times. And I know that nobody remembers that movie Flushed Away (the one with the sewer rats done by Aardman Studios), but I would still love to see a sequel for that one, haha.

8. Which book would you like to see adapted into a film?
Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway, for sure! Eggs by Jerry Spinelli would also be cool, but the writing style was such an integral part of the book and I don't know how they'd translate that to screen. Any Kevin Brooks book would be interesting to see, but now that I think about it, there's a lot of narration that may not do well in a movie. I'm also surprised to see that nobody has made an Uglies movie, although it would be really tough - how "ugly" can you make an actor be while still appealing to people? There's no real right way to do that.

9. What’s your favourite movie director?
Martin Scorsese, John Landis, John Hughes, Sofia Coppola, and Michel Gondry and Spike Jonze (mostly for their music videos).

10. Your favourite movie genre?
Comedy, but that's a hit or miss. Rom-coms too, and "quirky" stuff that I don't know how else to describe. XD

11. A movie that holds a special place in your heart?
Forrest Gump. I've seen it so many times over my whole life that I could barf it up. I know it's one of the classics and thus it's "uncool" to hold it in high regard, but eh. Rat Race, too; I can quote entire scenes since I've seen it so many times!

12. Your favourite comedy film?
Better Off Dead, probably. It's just so ridiculous.

13. A music video you would love to see developed into a film?
This is a loaded question, gah damn. "Learn to Fly" by Foo Fighters, "Alive With the Glory of Love" by Say Anything, "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" by Panic! at the Disco, "Sugar Water" by Cibo Matto, "Came Out Swinging" by The Wonder Years, and "Sell Out" by Reel Big Fish.

14. A film everyone loves but you hate?
I don't know if I hate them, per se, but I never particularly liked Inception (I'm dumb though, so I didn't understand a lick of it - my opinion doesn't matter), and just the concept of Titanic alone was enough to make me yawn. I swear I don't have anything against Leonardo DiCaprio though! XD

15. film you love but everyone else hates?
Soooo many. Napoleon Dynamite (so many people I knew in high school hated that movie), Joe's Apartment, Sucker Punch, and Little Nicky come to mind.

16. Mainstream movies or indie movies?
Both! My favorite movies consist of all of those.

17. Old movies or contemporary movies?
Again, both! Can't rule anything out - I can't stand it when someone automatically rails against new movies with the impression that they're all CGI or whatever. (And who f*cking cares if they are lmao. That's gonna be my career someday hopefully! Digital movies =/= bad/vapid/whatever.)

18. A film with an amazing soundtrack?
Um, do musicals count? If so, Chicago, Sweeney Todd, and The Princess and the Frog are all great. The Big Chill, The Breakfast Club, Clueless, Little Nicky (nu metal 4ever) and Legally Blonde too, as far as non-musicals go.
February 24th, 2015 at 07:23pm