Keep or Kill? Opinions Please

So today I was listening to a lot of Florence + The Machine and I got really inspired. Her album Lungs has such a dark, vintage, romatic, twisted, ethereal vibe to it and I love it so fucking much. It's one of my favorite albums ever. "Howl" is definitely my favorite track on the album. And one of my favorite songs in general. The song is morbid and magical and begging to be written into a story. Some of my most favorite lyrics being:

"Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart" / "like some child possessed, the beast howls in my veins" / "I want to find you tear out all your tenderness" / "I hunt for you with bloody feet across the hallow'd ground"

Now, I know Florence isn't literally singing about werewolves. It's a deep, poetic metaphor and it's a true work of art. However, I said fuck that I love werewolves and I'm going to take it literally. Thus, a story was born.

Allow me to introduce: Tear Out All Your Tenderness

The description gives a pretty good insight to what the story's about. Here's a little more so y'all cant get a better idea:
"Many, many years ago the wolves used to roam the land freely. Killing whatever, whoever they liked. They were unchallenged by any foe, unmatched in strength. They were fearsome hunters, gruesome rulers. However, as time went on, something happened that destroyed the wolves rule. A coven of witches came from lands far away and demolished the wolves’ reign. The witches took the power that the wolves held and soon ruled more mightily than the wolves ever had. In order to maintain peace between the wolves and the witches, the wolves were promised a Hunt, a human sacrifice, every 5 years. Every 5 years, during an autumnal full moon a woman of the Blackbourne family was chosen to be prey and a mighty warrior of the Darkwood Pack was chosen to be the hunter. I, unfortunately, happened to be a female member of the Blackbourne family and this year happened to be one which The Hunt took place."

I also started this really cool kcollection on weheartit to help with inspiration.

Nothing is set in stone or anything, but I'd really like to know if you guys think I should actually write this! It won't be a full-length story, just a couple of chapters long. Probably broken up into 3 parts. And it'll have a much more magical/ominous vibe to it than Monsters In Your Bed.

So pls let me know if you guys think I should do this!
February 25th, 2015 at 03:04am