Splintered... If You Like Alice in Wonderland, You Need This in Your Life!

Right now I'm reading the Splintered Series. It's three books, Splintered..Unhinged...and Ensnared. There's also a bonus book between the first two called The Moth in the Mirror. Anyway, the stories are a dark twist on Lewis Carrol's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland books, and they star a girl named Alyssa Gardner. All of the characters in these books are far too interesting for their own good...well, my own good really, seeing as I can't put them down once I pick them up. (Which makes it VERY difficult to stay productive throughout my day, by the way.)

Seriously, all of the characters are insanley (ha!...you'll get it if you read it) intriguing! I really wish I could go into detail, but one of the great things about this series is that the character/personalities of the characters change and unveil themselves throughout the story. To describe them would be a spoiler for anyone wishing to read it.

The series starts with Alyssa trying to live her life as normally as possible regardless of the fact that her mother has been locked in an insane asylum her entire life, and she's pretty sure she is going to end up there alongside her eventually. After all the chick can hear bugs and flowers talking to each other and to her.

Even though she does have an amazing dad and wonderful friends, Jenara and Jeb <--(*drool*), she can't help but feel unstable. When Morpheus <--(*drool* again) enters her life things get even crazier.

Ok...look...if I don't stop myself, I'm going to just type the whole story here so I better end this.

Seriously though, READ! They're by A.G. Howard.

--also, if you have read them I want to know what you think! I need someone to discuss this with!!
March 2nd, 2015 at 01:26am