Mommy Blog #3 || I Got My New Lappy! Finally! || Work Rant.

So lets get my excitement out of the way.
I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO BUY MY LAPTOP!
I had to work the day it showed up and it killed me because I couldn't play with it for like 12 hours and then after work I only had enough time to set up Windows. The next day I started my classes at Udemy; a "college" online that people (either teachers or experts on a subject) write up a syllabus and post it online. There are a lot of free "classes" and I enrolled in one for XHTML that leads into HTML5. I got through the introduction to the class; about thirty minutes before Ethan decided he needed more attention than he was getting (he was sitting on my lap) and I had to stop. I'm hoping I can finish this class up -- it has like, 17 sections (the whole course totals over 30 hours in lectures) -- in three or four months.

Im also applying for a new job at GoDaddy. I hope I get it. I need something that pays more and something with a set schedule. When I returned back to work I told them what my scheduling limitations where. I could work from 9am-4pm or 12pm-9pm any day of the week and I could only work an evening shift 3pm - 1030pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays (Friday's in emergencies). Apparently though my schedule is "inconvenient" and upper management told my manager "Why is she even working for us if she isn't willing to work." Its not like I told them I can work whenever. I was clear my whole pregnancy that my schedule was going to be like that and then before I returned on Maternity Leave I told them. It wasn't an issue then, but apparently I must have been lying or some shit. If I get GoDaddy I'll be working from 7am - 5pm or 11am - 9pm. I can't work 3rd shift just because my boyfriend does -- 10pm to 7am Saturday thru Tuesday. If I get it I will be working on Customer Care and Sales. God I need this, wish me luck.

- ~ - ~ -


As for the Mommy part of my blog. Ethan is 2 months and 10 days old. He is a menace and by menace I mean full out Mama's boy. I can't do anything without him in my arms. He cries if I leave the room and even when I have him in his swing in the living room and Im trying to clean up the living room he cries because Im not holding him. I love him so much but its so hard to clean while holding him.
I shit you not, I almost sliced his face open one time. I was trying to pick up a few dishes that were scattered in my kitchen and I went to put a knife in the sink at the same time he decided it'd be a great idea to throw himself backwards. Out of habit I moved my arm and probably came like an inch from giving him some gnarly scar. I have a baby bjorn but he doesn't know how to feel about it. Sometimes he likes it, sometimes he doesn't. It can go either way depending on his mood.

My honest opinion on new mothers who have their make up always perfect and their hair perfect and their house spotless who don't look flustered at all must give their kid away. That or their kid sleeps more than mine; god I can't wait until he sleeps a full night. So. Damn. Tired. My favorite thing that comes from their mouth is, "This is so easy."
My only thought is "You are fucking nuts." This is literally the hardest thing Ive ever done and I took a semester of Latin that I had to teach myself from a book. My house is a wreck, I have dishes from last week still sitting in my sink, Im not even going to lie that sometimes I get so lazy at 3 in the morning when I change a diaper I just throw it on the floor instead of getting up and walking to throw it away (I keep diapers and wipes by the bed). I brush my hair maybe every other day, or Ill run my fingers through it on days I work because I'd rather have the extra 15 minutes of sleep than waste time trying to do my hair, on days I dont work I wear my boyfriends basketball shorts and tee shirts; and if I have two days off in a row I wear the same outfit the next day because god forbid I have to add anymore clothes than I have to to the mountain of clothes I don't have a chance to wash because I have to go to the laundromat to do them.

Like I said Im lazy and my baby is needy and I keep getting told, "Just let him cry, its good for him." Yeah, it is until he gets so worked up that he's wheezing and screaming so loud I'm afraid the neighbors will call the cops because they think Im hacking him up into little bitty pieces.
The only reason I have time to type this is because loo and behold I got him to sleep! I loaded the dishwasher (finally!) and picked up my living room enough that someone might not call CPS on me.
Now here are some pictures of my adorable little whiny butt.

Image

Image

Image

- ~ - ~ -


And lastly.
Someone should make me a blog layout. Something whimsical or with kittens. OR WITH WHIMSICAL KITTENS!
March 2nd, 2015 at 07:49pm