Just Something if You Need a Friend

I'm just spewing into the ether at this point. But if you're suffering, if you have those bad days where getting up on a morning doesn't seem worth it or ending it all looks like a viable option - or your only option - I just want you to know that there is always something worth living for. You may not see it - not today, not tomorrow, not weeks or months or years down the line - but you will see it eventually.

I'm telling myself to be positive as much as I'm telling you, the reader. If nothing else keeps you going, remember the people who would be lost without you, who would suffer greatly by your act of leaving. Seek help, talk it out, scream into a pillow, twang an elastic band against your wrist. Do something that makes you laugh, force a smile onto your face, read something beautiful, write down how you're feeling. Be inspired.

You are worth every molecule of air you breathe, every cell that makes up your body, every gram of food you consume and every inch of ground you walk upon. You are a beautiful miracle of nature, brain and nerve and soul and heart. It is not your fault you feel the way you do and you do not deserve scorn or punishment for being you.

I am someone you do not know, who has never met you and probably never will. You've never known of me or seen me before but I just want to you know I believe in you and I think you're brilliant. You might look in the mirror and dislike what you see - I do it too. Everyone has flaws, you just notice your own more.

Gay, straight, bisexual, trans. White, black, asian, latino, or a mixture of many. Able bodied, able minded, disabled physically or mentally. Old, young, male, female, tall, short, fat, thin, or somewhere in between. No matter the colour of your hair and eyes, freckles or acne, glasses or not. Blind, deaf, mute, paralysed.

YOU ARE HUMAN AND EQUAL AND GODDAMN BEAUTIFUL.
March 3rd, 2015 at 06:05pm