Oh God, Weather Is Scary

Hey, everyone. So, if you live in the eastern half of the United States, you probably know that we just got hit pretty hard with some winter weather, and there's another bit about to roll through tomorrow and Friday. Now, fortunately, I live in Alabama, and the locals' burning hatred of homosexual marriage and Obama has been enough to save us from the worst of the cold (god I hate these people sometimes.), but that's not really what I'm worried about.

Tornadoes are formed when air currents that are hot or cold move into an area that is occupied by currents of the opposite temperature (basically? I think? Like, I know the opposite temperature thing is right, but I may have made up the bit about air currents.) Example: it was 78 degrees today. Tomorrow, it's gonna be 34.

I am super scared. Like, I'm not one to jump on the "self-diagnosing myself with phobias just because I have a logical fear" train (no offense intended. Lots of people have phobias that aren't diagnosed, and you're totally valid.), but the last time we had bad weather I was out at a restaurant with my mom and I panicked so much we had to leave and drive through the worst of the storm so we could get home. I am so scared of tornadoes and heavy wind that it literally clouds my judgement. I am not looking forward to the upcoming week.

So, all that's to say, bundle up! I hope all your classes are canceled and you can take a whole day off to rest or catch up on homework or write the essay you've been putting off since last week!
March 5th, 2015 at 04:21am