Melex Headcanons (OTP Tag)

So I said I was going to do another one because I have two OTPs and it wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t do this tag for both of them. My loves all deserve attention and I’m pretty sure this is just me procrastinating on the Hayliver baby fic which still isn’t done and I’m still not even sure how long it’ll be.

Besides Hayliver, I absolutely adore Melex. This is the pairing of Meg Frampton of Meg and Dia and Alex Gaskarth of All Time Low. Most people would think this is another one of my crackships because when they think of shipping Alex, they think Jalex, Taylex, or even Lisex. But his relationship with Meg was definitely something. You know the songs “Vegas” and “Remembering Sunday”? Those songs were written for her. She was the girl who Alex fell hard for. She was the one that got away.

LOOK AT HOW BEAUTIFUL THEY WERE.

Image

Image

Can you imagine how it’d be if they were still together? Ugh, if only. which is why i rewrote history

But yes, onto Melex headcanons.
OTP HEADCANONS: MELEX

Favorite non-sexual activity?
They always love to explore. One place they enjoy going to is the farmer’s market or the swap meet. It’s cool for them to see what people are selling because it could range from jewelry to paintings and even to guitars. Alex also likes to check out all food they sell there and Meg even sells her own jewelry when she can. (She’s tried to sell Alex’s Americana pants but he wouldn’t let her.)

Most trivial thing they fight over?
Waking up. Meg doesn’t like to wake up early on days she doesn’t have to, but since Alex is like a puppy he tries to get her out of bed. She usually responds by hitting him with a pillow or sometimes she pushes hard enough that he rolls off the bed. Let’s not forget that he likes to have breakfast with her and refuses to eat alone in the morning. Their little bickering could go on for a while.

Who does most of the cleaning?
Meg. She’s much neater than Alex and even when she and her sister Dia were touring together, she somehow manages to look nice and clean much to the confusion of Alex. But yeah, she’s pretty organized and tries to get Alex to be better about keeping things clean. It seems to be working but not completely.

What has a season pass on their dvr/who controls the netflix queue?
Alex always has to record Game of Thrones. Meg likes to watch cooking shows. Together, they sometimes like to watch cartoons while for Netflix they check out all the weird documentaries on there since they actually seem pretty interesting to them.

Who calls up the super/landlord when the heat's not working?
Both of them. Even though Alex was the one who only called at first, Meg was aware they weren’t always going to be home together and knows to call when Alex isn’t around.

Who steals the blankets?
Alex because he’s such a kid. When he steals the blanket he likes to curl up into a ball and Meg doesn’t really mind since she likes to wear one of his hoodies or crewnecks to sleep. Also, there are times when Alex has woken up in the middle of the night, realized he took all the blanket, and fixes things by putting the blanket over again and tucking her in. Then they spoon and things are good.

Who leaves their stuff around?
Alex, big time. It was just around the bedroom at first, but then he started leaving shit in the living room and the bathroom. Meg usually scolds him for this and threatens that she’ll sell his clothes at the swap meet if he doesn’t pick them up. He’s gotten better, though. He even has made a game of picking his clothes up by trying to see if he can shoot his clothes into the basket from across the room.

Who remembers to buy the milk?
They both do. Meg’s the one who goes out grocery shopping so she remembers, but Alex is the one who likes to drink milk for his cereal and remembers that she uses milk for her blueberry pancake recipe (his fave) so obviously he reminds her to get it, too.

Who remembers anniversaries?
Both. Most of their anniversaries happened during very big events in their lives and they enjoy telling the story of all the milestones they’ve been through to other people, so they remember all the important dates pretty clearly.

Who cooks normally?
Meg, though Alex isn’t a stranger to creating some delicious meals, too. She just loves it a little more and not only does she like to cook, but she bakes a bunch of stuff, too. While growing up, that’s what she did with all her sisters and apparently the stuff she makes is a hit at parties and all that. Of course, Alex is her biggest fan and loves that he’s spoiled by all the food she makes. And he’s even sweet enough to help her out in the kitchen whenever she needs him.

How often do they fight?
They barely fight. Meg and Alex are pretty patient with each other have learned from their past relationships that avoiding confrontation or pointing fingers doesn’t help matters. They’re both willing to communicate and because of this, they don’t have huge arguments or make any bad assumptions. They’ll have a few disagreements here and there, but overall it’s a healthy and understanding relationship.

What do they do when they're away from each other?
Of course they keep in contact through calling and all kinds of social media. Other than that, Meg works on her Chandler the Robot jewelry or tours around the world with Dia. Alex usually hangs out with the guys and does a lot of outdoor activities, like football since they’re all a big fan of sports.

Nicknames for each other?
Meg calls Alex “Lex” while Alex doesn’t really have any special names for her other than the usual “bae”. They cute, they cute.

Who is more likely to pay for dinner?
Alex since it’s the least he could do. Meg cooks a lot and he wants to be able to give her the breaks she deserves and treat her.

What would they get each other for gifts?
Because Meg’s got such a creative mind, Alex would buy her art supplies so she could paint on the front porch. Meg would get Alex tickets to football games so they could go together. Also I feel like they’d both get each other guitars.

Who kissed who first?
Meg. They were saying goodbye after spending three weeks together at Warped Tour and she didn’t want to regret not doing anything before he left, so she kissed him. She was like a second ahead of Alex, who was also thinking of making a move before leaving.

Who made the first move?
Meg. Technically, they were both making the first move, but Meg just was a little faster at making it happen.

Who remembers things?
Both of them have pretty good memories. I mean they have to since they love telling stories.

Who started the relationship?
Meg, as stated above. They both wanted to take their relationship to more than just friends, but Meg kissed first and that sealed the deal.

Who cusses more?
Alex. Meg sometimes does, too, and Alex thinks it’s cute whenever he hears her.

What would they do if the other one was hurt?
Meg would be extremely caring since she’s seen Alex hurt both physically and emotionally. Also, she swore that she would always be there for him if he ever got hurt because she wants to make up for when she hurt him by leaving him that one morning.

Alex would make sure to be close to her and wrap his arms around her because he remembers that before they met she’s been badly hurt and doesn’t want her to have to deal with any kind of pain like that again.
Really, I’m having too much fun with this OTP tag. I need to write about these two again after I’m done with the Hayliver fics I’ve got planned. I have an idea for Melex buzzing around in my head (which I’ve talked about in this) and I’m actually thinking of doing it after the baby fic. Melex is such an underrated pairing and needs more love.

Deuces.
March 6th, 2015 at 08:44am