Writer's Block

Here's my trouble. There are so many times a story will seep into my mind. --That's almost a literal statement since often times I even feel the oozing sensation in my head as it enters.

The thing is, once I've written out whatever scene/character/etc. that settled there, I can't figure out how to continue the story. It's almost as if writing it out empties the story from my brain and leaves me hanging. I've tried the "write through" approach, but every time I attempt to keep writing despite the absence of the inspiration I usually end up hating what I've written (as it usually doesn't feel like it really goes with the original story idea). In turn, this turns me off to continuing the story later.

I know I could simply stop and come back to it later. Perhaps I should do that more. It's my poor memory at times that makes me not want to do that. I may forget I wrote something altogether.

Anyway, here are some questions for you:

1. What do you do in these situations? (Whether it's what I've mentioned doesn't work for me or not.)

2. Do you have any wacky ways you get inspired? (This question is very like number one, but different enough to get its own number I think.)

3. What part of writing do you usually get stuck on? (Openings/Characters/etc.)

--Have a nice day.
rmh
March 9th, 2015 at 02:06pm