An Unhealthy Obsession With ABBA (and Other Stuff)

I usually use this blog to complain and vent once every few months, but I think I'm going to try to do a weekly thing with it using less serious rants.

So today was the first day of PARRC testing. I don't know if you're familiar with the PARCC test and the controversy around it, but a lot of students in my state (NM) have been protesting this test. And frankly it's embarrassing. Don't get me wrong, I agree that we get tested way to much and it sucks that this is all for funding. But it's frustrating that the kids that are going on the news doing these "walk outs" are kids that don't want to take the test because they just don't want to take a test.

I believe a girl from my school (or one in Santa Fe, I'm not sure) said "I don't want to take the PARCC test because I will never need math or English in my life because I'm going to be a nurse" on the news.

Well then.

Anyway, I took the first part of the test it wasn't that difficult to be honest.

Lets move on to more important things, like ABBA. I have discovered this and I am in love. I was listening to the Mamma Mia soundtrack and on the cover it said "featuring the songs of ABBA", and I was like "Hold on there space cowboy, are these all by the same band?"
And they are! And I've been listening to them non stop for two days. My dad thinks I'm weird because he has no idea how I came across a 70's Swedish disco band. All I know is that I am in no way embarrassed.

I think that about sums up the events of the past few days. I guess next time I'll wait until the end of the week so I have more stuff to write about.
March 10th, 2015 at 01:07am