I'm a Bummer but I've Also Got [Pole Vault] Fans

So it's been so rough but not as rough as it had been two weeks or so ago, I'm sorry I came back like that. It's hard to explain feeling bad and good at once but that's what it did.

So since then I've been vaulting still and dreading practice but at my competitions I've developed real life fans. Isn't that something?

My first competition of the season an old woman came up to me after various people watched me and began cheering me on (by name I might add, my coach was very loud about it and they caught on) and so this woman came up to me when I was eating my peanut butter sandwich, saying, "I know you don't know me but I really enjoyed watching you jump. I hope to see you in the Olympics on TV," well hello. What?!

I could say nothing because I was choking on a mouthful of bread but I smiled, nodded, tried to say thank you and she left. I was elated.

The passed competition, two more people came up to me expressing how one, I would be competing in higher level competitions this year without a doubt and two, they'd be keeping an eye out for me. One of the people being a coach for the other team. I'm laughing because my jumps aren't that high, I'm just working on form and apparently it's looking really good.

It's a good pick-me-up, I think. As much as I dread the work outs I have to do that don't involve vaulting, vaulting makes it really worthwhile. Especially when people enjoy me enjoying it. That's crazy.

I think I'm getting a handle on my emotions now that it's getting warmer which is such a relief. I hate being down and usually I try to write during these times but it's been so long, it's like I've forgotten how... But I know I haven't, my friend has me writing fanfiction for an MMORPG we play. Like, what? Excuses. Whateves, I'll get back into it. Hopefully.

- Tchao.
March 13th, 2015 at 01:16am