Fixed My Sister's Story Layout, Feedback Please?

Howdy!

Getting right to the story: yesterday, when I was reading Manbear's story that she FINALLY got around to updated... damn straight you updated. It only took you half a year. =P when I noticed something with her layout she had.
Image


Now normally, that something would be probably considered something so minimal and so insignificant that people just simply wouldn't care. Even I would say it's not a big deal; it didn't affect the story, it wasn't life-changing.But for me, it was just something I couldn't unsee. Because I can be neurotic like that.

Image


And so I brought it to my sister's attention, and she let me fix it. And by fix, I ended up making a new layout, essentially.
The problem I wanted to fix was the banner/title image of the original layout. But like all things I start, one small fix turned into a whole project. I ended up taking a completely new image, cropping and editing it to fit the theme of the story.

After fidgeting with the layout maker and swapping the images, i got the final product.
Here is the story layout I made:

Diamonds and Nicotine

All things considering (like how I am NOT a pro layout maker) I think I'm proud of the final product. I was going for a Film Noir-esque, "classy" but simple layout. I'm feeling boss about this one.
Image


Now I know, it's not PERFECTION. I still have a few wrinkles I want to straighten. But this is what I have so far. So guys...

1. What do you guys think of the layout? (Be honest; constructive crit makes me better.)
2. Does the layout draw interest for the story from you?
3. Personal opinion; how important is a story layout to you?
4. Any food cravings? (PAD THAI SOUNDS BEAUTIFUL RIGHT NOW...)

Be awesome, peeps!!
March 14th, 2015 at 01:22am