Coming Out?

So, like, hey guys. I'm kind of trying to start writing again? I started a thing called Villainy and I'd really appreciate some feedback so I know whether or not to continue it. Also, I got accepted into the Honors College at school, and things are starting to work out a bit with my best friend. Work has been going super well. So those are my life updates.

But this blog is kind of about something more than that. I've known that I am asexual for a few years now, as many of you know from blogs/articles that I have written. I didn't really question my gender identity a lot because female pronouns didn't bother me too much.

Recently, however, I've been questioning my gender identity a lot. I experience a lot of dysphoria surrounding my chest especially and have been binding on and off over the past few weeks, which makes me feel better. Anyway, the point is that I think I am also agender/gender non-binary. I feel most comfortable referred to by they/them pronouns and when I am wearing androgynous or gender-neutral clothing.

I talked about this with a few friends of mine, and they took it really well, which was a huge relief. At this point in time, I am not going to come out to my family. I think it would just cause problems that I don't need to be dealing with going into college, and I can deal with the female pronouns. So, yeah. I still go by Laura because it's easier (and of course nicknames are still acceptable).

This blog was more for me than anything else. I really just needed to talk all of this out. So, thanks, if you read this.

Until next time!
xoxo
Laura
March 15th, 2015 at 02:05am