Name Change (Formerly Symbiont) - Quick Rant

Hello, Mibbaland! :D It's been a long winter, hasn't it?

Yes, very long indeed, and so, to usher in the slow change in seasons, I've changed my name from Symbiont, which I've had for so very long, to one with a slightly different meaning. My new username is Jerusalem, and while the name usually brings up religion to mind, most of you who know me or have read my stuff know I'm not the most religious person, so I see it fit to explain this new name.

There is, of course, the city of Jerusalem, but I'm taking it from the song of the same name by Matisyahu. Hopefully, that makes sense. xD

In the song, for those of you who haven't heard it (I can't post the actual video), there's a line that says 'Jerusalem, if I forget you, let my right hand forget what it's supposed to do.' I'm pretty sure that references something in the Bible (maybe), but don't hold me to that. Basically, the meaning of that for me, is that if I ever were to forget where I come from, I'd be losing (forgetting) all the good things about me, in a sense. If I were to forget who I am, and where I come from, then I would most certainly lose my way. Sort of a fall from grace type of thing, considering that the 'right' hand path is supposed to be the good path.

The name also goes with my Assassin's Creed theme, not only because the original game is set in the Holy Land during the 3rd Crusade, but also because Jerusalem can be translated to 'city of peace' and the Assassins are fighting for peace.

It's just a nice change from Symbiont, and the meaning behind that name as well. What do you guys think? Like it?

~

*WARNING*

RANT INCOMING.

Okay, so it's a mini rant, but I haven't ranted in forever, and due to some shit that's been going down here lately, I've noticed a few things. Or rather, I've been pissed off by some things I had already noticed long ago.

Basically, what's been going here, in the short of it, two people got fired from their jobs for doing something they shouldn't have been doing. Simple as that. The problem is all the damn rumors, accusing a whole bunch of people, most of whom I believe are completely innocent.

Part of the reason I'm so agitated is because of the particular occupation of these people, but I'm not gonna mention what it is just for privacy sake.

My issue is that these rumors have had the potential to ruin the careers and lives of these people, if taken seriously enough. It doesn't matter to me if these rumors are even in the slightest bit true or not (because who's to say what's true, what's not, and what's just exaggerated? There's no telling) but, the outright cruelty of these rumors. I understand saying something bad about somebody you don't like out of spite, because lets face it, we've all done that, but I refuse to buy that people can be so ignorant of the effects that words can have on people.

Like I said, in this case, it was a very real possibility that people could've lost their entire careers. For some, that would've practically been their entire life.

I just.

Can't.

How can people be so harsh? More so how can they act like cruel words, or just words in general, have no effect on people? How can the so easily disregard other peoples emotions?

I just don't get it.

I dunno, what do you guys think?

/Rant over/

~Breanna
March 30th, 2015 at 09:13pm