What I've Decided to Do With This Blog

Hey there Blogs section! Long time no post!

Yeah, it has been a really long time. So, I don't have to tell you I never really post here anymore. My last post was about 8 months ago...I think. I can't even remember to be sure. And I'm certainly not posting like I use to when I first joined Mibba. (They were still Journals back then--anyone else remember that?) Which is okay, in that regard, since things have changed quite a bit since then, for both me and the site.

But now I hardly post here at all, to the point that I basically never do. I don't really like that. I wanted to do something about it. But first, I had to figure why I'm never here, what the problem is. I thought about this, for a while, and I have concluded that I just really have had nothing to say here.

As it is, I haven't liked to get personal online, not really. I'm kinda started opening up about myself lately, but it's really not that much. And if I do feel like that, that I want to talk about something that I like or something cool I remember, and actually put in the effort to do so, I don't feel like this is the place to do that. I have a private, er, public-but-largely-ignored Blogger blog, and two Tumblr blogs where I can talk about whatever I want. So if I want to post something like that online, I have them.

In short, I really don't feel the need to post here anymore.

But still, I miss being here, using this part of Mibba. Scratch that, I miss just being on Mibba lately. I don't have anything other than short stories or poems to share right now, and there's been a lot of space between updates on stories I'm subscribed to. I have no other reason to be on, otherwise. And I don't like it. But, hwat could I do?

Well, it finally hit me recently. This is the main place I share my writing--why shouldn't it be the main place were where I talk about it, as well?

The Author's Note section isn't cutting it right now. I have to much to say, more than I like to put there. Also, it just doesn't feel right to put a lot in there, if anything at all. Especially when I have a lot of stuff I want to share with any possible readers, like the amount that is making up this post so far. Or when I write a mystery and want to talk about parts of it, but don't want to give away a lot, right there at the end. I want something to be more of an afterthought, something to read after the story, like a behind-the-scenes thing. No, I've concluded the author's note is just not the place I want to walk about such things. And that a blog is a much better place.

Now, there was another problem. I will occasionally post about my writing on Tumblr, but I don't like to make long posts there, like I'm planing on. And I would post about it on my Blogger--and may still yet--but the type of posts I'm thinking of would be something I want people to see. And if it's on there, it won't be. But then, I have enough blogs, wouldn't make since to make a new one, either. One of those blogs, though, is this one. And what better use of a blog on a writing site, than to post about your writing?

So, that is what I'm going to do. Post about my stories and poems; with a few miscellaneous things like Mibban life, recs of things I really like, and some writer vents thrown in. I may still ask my fellow Mibbans questions, too, because I getting advice on here. But I plan to have it mainly all be related, in one way or another, to writing.

I've already gotten this blog ready to make this change. I've fixed up the old posts I'm keeping, and cleared out the ones I don't want up anymore. I now have a proper place to talk about my stories, and I am thrilled!

I'm planning on starting with a series of posts about my stories. What inspired them, what they're about, some of the writing process. Just little things I want to share with any readers. When such posts will be up, I can't say. But I'm going to be getting to work on them, soon enough, after this. I just know that I'm very excited to start on them, and I'm really looking forward to it!

See you then!

~ S
April 1st, 2015 at 02:41am