Then and Now: How a Year Makes a Difference

Hey everybody! So the first blog prompt for April is, "A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?"

It's been quite the year for me. But I'll do the pictures before I get into that.

Image


So that was me about a year ago. This year has changed a lot. I mean, physically I don't look all that different. But anyway here's a picture of me from the past few weeks.

Image


So like, yeah. That's the difference in my appearance. My hair definitely got longer and I started wearing it down. But the biggest differences for me have been personal.

I am about a million times more confident right now than I was last year. I still struggle with my anxiety and depression, but not nearly as much. There's no struggle with me fighting cutting anymore - I'm done with it altogether. I know where I'm going to college, and I'm beyond happy about it.

My best friend isn't my best friend anymore. So that's...weird, and a little tough to comprehend, but I think I'm starting to come to peace with that. The biggest differences would probably be me coming out sort of as asexual and agender to myself and a few friends and I feel pretty good about all of that.

I don't know. A lot of things have changed this year, and I feel very different, but I'm happy with that. I think I am, anyway.

Thanks for reading this weird stream of consciousness!
Until next time,
xoxo
Laura.
April 1st, 2015 at 06:35pm