Feeling Alone but I Have Some Good News

Have you ever felt like you were drifting away from a best friend?

My best friend and I used to always hang out but now I haven't see her since probably end of January, beginning of February. Whenever I ask to hang out she's always "busy", but then proceeds to post pictures of herself watching TV or participating in plans she made after I asked her.

She never tells me anything anymore. I try telling her everything but I never get a response. Just recently I asked her whether or not she's dorming at the college she's going to and she kept saying, "Not important" even though it was a simple yes or no question. That's how she answers all simple questions nowadays.

Today I asked her if she wanted to go to Luke's, which is a local hot dog place. Her response was, "idk maybe". Then about an hour later I asked if she wanted to go somewhere else because it's cheaper. It took a while for her to respond with, "Not sure I'm going to chipotle with *insert name of someone else*".

This sounds really petty, but there's more to it that I don't feel like explaining. It's just really upsetting is all I'm trying to say.

And now I feel like my dad isn't listening to me anymore. Have you ever told your parents something once and then when it's brought up later they claim you've never told them? That happens all the time with my dad now and it just happened today.

He found out there's no school tomorrow and it just so happens to be Good Friday. He made the snide remark, "Oh so public schools are recognizing a Catholic holiday for once?" I continued to go on about how they always do because our spring break is usually that week but this Friday has nothing to do with Good Friday because we always have the last day of the quarter off for the teachers to enter in last minute grades and that so happens to be tomorrow as well. My dad walked away with a "yeah yeah yeah".

Then not even five minutes later, he brought up Easter. La Dispute, one of my favorite bands, is coming to perform a concert that day and I'm going. Easter is usually the last Sunday of my spring break, so I bought the tickets thinking that this Sunday wasn't Easter (because it's the first Sunday). I found out it was Easter right after I bought the tickets, but instead of being a good Catholic and celebrating Easter, I'm going to the concert because I spent a little more than 60 bucks on those tickets. I'm getting to the venue by bus and coming home by bus. Do you know how many times I've told my dad this? Over twenty times. I literally kept a tally sheet to make sure.

So today he told me, "Casual clothes for Sunday" because he's going to my uncle's house. I told him I'm not going because of the concert. Then he kept asking questions about how I'm getting there and now he doesn't want me going because if I go that means I have to take the bus home alone. So for the umpteenth time, I told him I can't just cancel the concert at the last minute because one, my friend's coming, and two, I spent so much money on the tickets.

He told me, "You should've thought about this before you bought those tickets. You should've remembered that it's Easter."

So I said, "We've discussed this more than 20 times. Have you not been listening to me?"

His response was a bunch of gibberish and then a "so you better watch your mouth."

So now he's angry at me because I'm not going to be a "good Catholic" and I better "ask God for forgiveness". The only reason he's saying that is because he recently found out I'm agnostic and have many differing opinions so now he's trying to guilt me into believing what he believes. But that's a story for another blog.

As for the good news, if you've read my some of my latest blogs I talked about my money issues and how I'm not getting any scholarships. Recently, my dream school sent me my financial aid award letter. The University of Wisconsin-Madison's tuition plus room & board price is over $40,000. After I sent in my contract, they dropped me to in-state tuition and then gave me some grants. Now, I only have to pay $4,000 and it became my cheapest option! That means I get to go to my number 1 college! :D

I'm gonna go now. My dog is hungry.

Ciao a tutti!
April 3rd, 2015 at 01:09am