Do a Little Shuffle

Hey! So sorry about not posting anything at all for the last few days but it was pretty crazy. Anyway, I'm going to try to catch up on my writing tonight and throughout this week. So here's another blog:
Prompt: Put your iPod on shuffle: first 10 songs that play.

To make this a hundred words I'm gonna talk a little about each song and stuff I like/don't like about it. Here we go!

1. Welcome to the Black Parade // My Chemical Romance
Ah, yes. The emo anthem. I didn't listen to this song for like two months straight after they broke up because some of the lyrics just like wrenched my heart. This is always going to be one of my favorite songs of theirs. This song will live in my heart forever. P.s. my favorite lyrics from this are my senior quote.
Favorite Lyrics: Do or die, you'll never make me because the world will never take my heart.

2. Hoodie Weather // The Wonder Years
This song feels so real right now because like spring of my senior year in PA. If you haven't listened to this song, do it. Even if you don't like pop punk. Even if you don't like The Wonder Years. It is such a good song.
Favorite Lyrics: No one knows where they're going; they just know they want out of here badly.

3. Angel Eyes // New Year's Day ft. Chris Motionless
THE MUSIC VIDEO FOR THIS SONG NEED I SAY MORE OKAY. No but they did this live and it was so amazing and this song is so hot I can't even handle it. Mmm. Yes.
Favorite Lyrics: There's something about you I cannot explain.

4. Don't Go // Bring Me the Horizon ft. Lights
This was the first song with screaming lyrics that I showed to my mom that she didn't immediately hate so yay for this. Also the mix of the unclean vocals and Lights' voice and the classical instrumentation is simply amazing.
Favorite Lyrics: If I let you in, you'll just want out.

5. I'm Low on Gas and You Need a Jacket (Alternate Version) // Pierce the Veil
Honestly I don't like the regular version of this song that much but the broken down version is so amazing. It's raw, and that has so much power. It's juts like incredible. I don't really listen to PTV anymore, but I still love this song. Always good on occasion.
Favorite Lyrics: Slow conversations with a gun mean more than I've ever said to anyone.

6. Twin Size Mattress // The Front Bottoms
I only bought this song like a few weeks ago so I'm still getting used to it. I like it a lot, though. The chorus doesn't make much sense to me, but it's still fun to listen to. I'm going to keep listening to this song and explore the artist a little more. We'll see how it goes.
Favorite Lyrics: Make sure you kiss your knuckles before you punch me in the face. There are lessons to be learned and consequences for all the stupid things I say.

7. Lonely Girl // Tonight Alive
OH MY GOSH FAVORITE THIS THING IS MY JAM. No but seriously when I'm in a bad mood this song always pumps me up. I listen to this song on the bus every morning. Woo-hoo!
Favorite Lyrics: Looks like the damage done is forever and it's a long time to miss me.

8. Six Feet Under the Stars (Acoustic) // All Time Low
This was one of the first ATL songs I heard and I love it so much. I plan on doing an a acoustic performance of this in the spring and I am so pumped for it.
Favorite Lyrics: We can kick it here for hours and just mouth off about the world and how we know it's going straight to hell.

9. End of Me // A Day to Remember
This doesn't always feel like an ADTR song to me. I mean, I love it and everything, but it feels weird. It's a super big feelings song and it reminds me of a lot of bad things but also good things and yeah. This song means a lot to me.
Favorite Lyrics: You're gone and I can tell that I've lost more than you'll ever see.

10. 21 Guns // Green Day
Oh boy. This is the most powerful fucking song like ever. This describes how I feel about so many different things. Green Day isn't one of my favorite bands - like I enjoy them, but I haven't listened to them as much as I would like to have. Anyway, I'm totally in love with this song.
Favorite Lyrics: When you're at the end of the road, and you've lost all sense of control. And your thoughts have taken their toll, when your mind breaks the spirit of your soul.

Okay wow that was a mess of songs. Thanks for reading, if you did.

Until next time!
xoxo
Laura
April 7th, 2015 at 02:25am