Another Once Upon a Time Blog. Opinions?

Ok, so I'm currently waiting on the mailman to bring me season 3 of OUAT. That means I've only watched seasons 1 an 2 so PLEASE no spoilers!

Anyway, I'm loving the show. Unfortunately, the biggest thing I dislike about the show is Belle!

Look...when I was a kid I LOVED Belle. She was my absolute favorite princess. I pretty much decided that I was Belle.

I'm sure Emilie de Ravin is a wonderfully lovely person, but she SUCKS at being Belle. It's not even the fact that she speaks in her Australian accent which I discovered bugs a lot of people, and I guess they could have found a French actress to portray her...it's her facial expressions and/or lack of expression. It's the personality she brings to the character.

I mean, I don't blame only her. Really Belle's whole story on OUAT seems rushed and sloppily written. It's like they didn't really want to write her in, but probably figured people would be ticked if they left her out, so they weaved her in with stiltskin.

Honestly, I would have rathered her had a small part in the story like Cinderella did rather than having to watch this actress and these writers butcher my beloved Belle.

*sigh*

What do you guys think?
If you watch the show, what do you love/hate about it?

-rmh
April 7th, 2015 at 09:35pm