Updates and Books

Okay, I'm sure most of you have noticed that I have been changing my username like crazy here recently, and that's because it was taking me away to find a good one that I really wanted to use. Then I just decided to go with Juice Ortiz; because he is one of my favorite characters in Sons of Anarchy. So let's hope this one sticks for awhile.

I know that I haven't been updating my stories. I'm going to be working on Charming, my co-write with Christy for the most part. I may start Rebel Child which is a SOA fanfic based around Happy Lowman soon. I have some chapters written for it, but nothing to the point of where I want to me to start posting.

Other stories I have lost complete interest in, and I'm sorry for that. I really am. I may come back to them at some point, but right now most of my focus is going into a story that I'm working that I hope one day to publish which will be a trilogy if I can get it written that is.

Anyways, I have been reading some books to help get the creative juices working because when I'm reading something else in a writer's block, I get distracted and find out what needs to happen in my story. Now, I don't copy what happens in the story. It's just like I'm not thinking about what I'm writing, and then I just realize that my character could be a mechanic and that's how she gets close to so and so. If that makes any sense at all. Well, here's a list of what I have been reading.

The List of Books:
-Looking for Alaska by John Green (recommend cautiously)
-Paper Towns by John Green (still trying to figure out about how it ended. Great story though)
-Everything's Eventual by Stephen King (Just started, but pretty interesting so far.)
-Reread the Wake trilogy by Lisa McMann.

What I have been reading on Mibba:
-SOA fanfics (surprisingly the ones about Tig, and I'm not a big Tig fan. that kind of rhymed)
-Most of what I'm subscribed to.
-Juice Ortiz fan fics (Goes with SOA but still.)

And I'm open to read what you suggest. I will give a big recommend. I may even put my favorites in a blog if I'm not being too lazy. Seriously, give me some stories to read. I'll recommend them all.
April 11th, 2015 at 03:43am