Then Vs. Now: A Year in the Making

I decided, after thirteen days, to take part in some of the blog prompts. The first one was "A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?"

So, we'll start with a picture of me from this time last year:

Image

I took this picture around this time in 2014. I was 17 and a senior in high school at the time.

And here's a picture of me taken only three days ago:

Image

So, appearance wise, I haven't changed all that much. I got better at my makeup skills and I've dyed my hair since last year, but that's about it. For the most part, it's my mentality that's made the most improvement.

This time last year, I had nothing going for me. High school was, without a doubt, the worst time of my life. Kids harassed me for having a mental illness on a daily basis. I was suicidal, a troublemaker, and it was difficult for me to even get out of bed some mornings.

Now, things are looking up. I'm in my second semester of college with a 3.9 GPA. I'm much more confident than I was, and I've surrounded myself with a decent group of people. I have a job now, too, which is helping give me a sense of purpose. I still struggle with depression as I had in the past, but I'm learning how to manage.

Things are different, but I like it.
April 13th, 2015 at 05:09pm