Someone I Miss

Because there's nothing better for me to do at 10 o'clock at night than to write, I decided to do another blog prompt. This one goes out to someone I miss a lot, even if he doesn't think about me anymore.

I won't bring up his name, both for the sake of his privacy and also the fact that if someone I know found this, I would be in trouble.

We met in 10th grade - I took the late bus home from a club that afternoon, and he had sports. I wasn't sure how we'd never talked before, but we hit it off at that moment. We talked about nothing, and I liked that.

It didn't take him long after we started talking to figure out my past. I prepared myself for him to up and leave, as so many others had. But somehow, he stayed, and he promised to always be there for me.

After a couple months of talking we decided to try dating. I had strong feelings for him, and he thought he had the same - turns out he didn't, but we still remained close. Maybe that was my problem, I tried so hard to stay friends with him because I didn't want to lose him.

We stayed friends for well over two years - until I messed up. In my senior year I entered a controlling relationship, and my then-boyfriend refused to let me talk to him anymore. I should have protested, I realize this now. I shouldn't have let him boss me around, because then, maybe I'd still have my best friend. And even though I'm no longer in that relationship, I know I'll still never have the guts to talk to my best friend again.

I guess what I miss the most is always having someone to talk to. Sure, I had other friends, but none like him. This was just different. And I don't think I'll ever get that same feeling with another person again.
April 14th, 2015 at 04:16am