Photography

When I was a teenager, I was really interested in photography. I lived in the middle of nowhere, and pretty landscapes were easy to find--all I had to do was walk about a mile outside of town. Empty county roads at sunset; creeks cutting through shallow valleys; fields and fields and fields of corn golden in the autumn. My hometown and the area around it was nothing if not photogenic.

I wanted to be a photographer at one point, so for my sixteenth birthday my parents got me my first digital camera. Unfortunately, it was shortly afterwards that I started getting bombarded with messages of how unrealistic it was to pursue a career in photography and how unsustainable it was as a source of income. So I never really pursued it beyond my teenage years.

Recently I stumbled across this app called Foap, where you can upload your mobile photos, have them rated by the community, and then, only if you're very, very talented and very, very lucky, people can buy them as stock photos.

Needless to say, I am neither very, very talented nor very, very lucky, so I haven't managed to sell a damn thing. But I've had so much fun taking photos and building a portfolio of pictures I'm proud of that it has completely rekindled my love of photography.

I'm still not especially good at it, but damn it's fun.

Here is a link to my Foap portfolio if anyone is curious.

**

Along that note, I'm still hoping to get more hits on my blog if anyone cares to check that out. My most recent post is only my second ever book review, and I'd love feedback on that, but I also have a pretty recent poem up too, so if you want to leave feedback there, on this post, via Mibba message, or whatever, I'd appreciate it.
April 17th, 2015 at 09:39pm