Q&A Blog With JaxGreen!

Alrighty, so I'm back again with another Q&A blog with the lovely JaxGreen! She placed first in my latest contest and this is one of her prizes. So here we go.

-- When did you join Mibba?
I joined mibba two years ago in July. Time certainly does fly. :)

-- How did you find out about Mibba?
A fellow mibbian got me to join up actually. She and I were talking one day and she said, “You know what you should do? Join Mibba!” I haven’t turned back since that day.

-- What fandoms are you involved in?
TOO many to name but I will proudly say I’m a part of the Supernatural fandom and the fandom of my favorite bands like Motionless In White, All Time Low, Pierce The Veil, Falling In Reverse. I’m a part of the Doctor Who and Teen Wolf fandom too. Just too many to name all in one blog. LOL

-- Anything you don't like to write about?
There are certain topics that I do avoid only because they’re controversial in themselves. In stories I avoid using politics and religions because of the controversies they have in everyday life. Other than that there are certain things I’m uncomfortable with writing but the important thing is all writers should at least try something out of their comfort zone once. (Sorry got a little carried away there.)

-- What's your favorite movie/band/tv show?
My favorite animated movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas but if we’re talking about action movies my favorite is the Underworld movies. It started my love of vampires and werewolves. My favorite band is Atreyu. I got into their music in high school and have been a fan ever since. My favorite tv show Supernatural hands down I don’t think I could ever grow tired of it.

-- What's the saddest song you've ever heard?
There have been so many songs that have made me cry but I think the saddest song I’ve heard is “So Far Away” by Avenged Sevenfold. When I heard The Rev had passed away I literally couldn’t believe it. When I heard Synyster Gates had written this song I could literally hear the pain behind the lyrics it was truly the saddest of songs I had ever heard.

ohmygod yes this is the saddest song ever it puts me in my feels so bad

-- Is there any particular quote or lyric that you just love? (sorry if that question doesn't make much sense)
Not to worry, my favorite quote comes from Nikki Sixx who says; “Love those who hurt you the most, cause they may be the ones closest to you.” Just something about that single quote keeps me at peace.

-- Favorite story that was written by another Mibbian?
SO many mibbians I’ve read such excellent stories from but I think the Gray Skies, Clear Nights is still one of my favorite series on the site.

-- What inspired you to write Toxic Valentine?
I had been listening to All Time Low’s music one day and I came across the song “Toxic Valentine” and I started getting an idea of writing a Jalex. I wanted to explore different Slash pairings and since I had become a fan of their music I wanted to try it out.
-- What is the overall plot of this story? But don't give too much away!
The story is about Alex Gaskarth who’s been a vampire since he was a born and one night he makes a mistake that starts a chain reaction with Jack Barakat becoming a familiar which is a vampire’s food source. The whole story is seeing if Jack can become something more to Alex and go against the odds of everything Alex had believed in from the start.

-- Who is your favorite original character from this story? Why?
My favorite OC from this story is Lydia. Lydia was the girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time but she’s a key player in the story. She’s the one that helps Alex and Jack throughout the whole story :)

-- What do you like best about this story?
It’s my very first All Time Low fan fiction since becoming a fan of their music. Plus I love vampires and this is the one part of the vampire world I haven’t explored yet.

-- Give us an excerpt!
This is the very first scene where I introduced Lydia and had her interact with Jack.

I walked over slowly feeling a pair of eyes burning holes into my back. I didn’t dare glance over my shoulder to see who’s disapproving gaze was on me. Alex? Zack? As far as those two were concerned they could kiss my ass. I didn’t ask to be a familiar, I only did what I thought was right. As I got closer I stayed within the confines of the shadows to finish my mental picture. She was beautiful up close wearing a black All Time Low tank top with a black denim jacket over the top of it. She seemed to be staring at the screen in deep though tapping a beat out on the table I instantly recognized. It was my guitar part to “Weightless”. I cracked my neck, put on my most charming smile and finished my journey sliding into the chair across from her.

“Decided to come over eye stalker?”

Her voice took me by surprise, it was soft a perfect blend of velvet and silk. There was even a slight musical intonation to it. She had a little spunk, I adored girls who didn’t fall so easily to boyish charm. I ran a hand through my hair giving a small laugh.

“I didn’t make it that obvious did I?” I asked, watching her laugh lightly.

“I’m positive everyone in the bar saw you staring.” She took off her headphones. “I’m flattered.”

“Nice to meet you flattered, I’m Jack.” I held out my hand. She snorted with laughter, giving me an eye roll before shaking my hand.


There it is! Make sure to check out this awesome chick and her amazing stories!
April 18th, 2015 at 12:10am