Passion

Note; so this is my first time writing a blog from a prompt so I’m still pretty iffy about how my writing would go. Lol, comments would be highly appreciated.

You know that feeling when you know you are doing great in something but it just won’t fit in your life?

Recently, I have decided to quit the organization I was totally active in and it had everyone asking me why. After all the countless meetings, sleepless nights, projects, proposals, campaigns, and everything in between I would just quit? This organization is unlike any other, aside from it being internationally connected, it is also known to deliver a great quality of leadership. People from there have been rooting me to aim for higher positions in the organization and at first, it felt really good that there are a great number of people placing their trust in you but it was not too long until the pressure started kicking in. I really got into it, especially knowing that my efforts did not go unnoticed, there were nights when I did not get any sleep, and even put it first before my academics. Inevitably, my grades suffered and my parents for countless times have tried to talk me out of it but I didn’t leave. Being in there made me feel really good about myself since I was used to having other people better than me in what I do then now there are these people who think I am the perfect fit for something.

Though eventually it occurred to me that all the working I have been doing was for all the glory, forgetting that I should be working hard because I am into what I am doing. It is a big deal to me that I am in love with what I am doing because this makes me function well, that at the end of the day no matter what outcome may be, you would still see me doing the exact same thing the next day. It’s important that I work with passion or else, either my work would be half-assed or not even close to that at all.

For me, that is how things should be. Without passion I don’t know how I will move.

The title of this blog is the word itself; Passion. You may think it’s bland but I’m doing it the way how passion should be, not sugarcoated, not prolonged, it is what it is.
April 20th, 2015 at 08:17pm