A New Way to Procrastinate

Why procrastinate by laying around and sleeping when you can just go and write a poem instead amirite.

Nah, but really, I wrote a poem. For the first time in 6 years.

So yesterday I was supposed to go to my cousin’s baby shower, but because my mom had a lot of errands to run we didn’t go. I was sad I couldn’t go, but then I was all, “Oh, cool, that means I could spend the day writing”. You know, so I could finally get the Melex done.

But. But then. It happened.

I’m all on the laptop getting ready to write, listening to music and all that. Then oh look, “Safe & Sound” by Tonight Alive is playing right now and my brain decided to do a thing.

I should write something about that one pairing based on this song

And I was all, “No. No. No. I need to work on the Melex because it’s the reason I’m already behind on the Hayliver. Nope, I can’t work on another fic right now.”

Then my brain knew a way around this.

Then don’t write a fic.

What.

Write a poem.

I haven’t written a poem in fucking forever and my old poems were all that rhyming stuff that wasn’t that great. I didn’t know how to do free-verse and yeah, there’s not really a specific structure for free-verse but it’s still hard, you feel me. Yeah, at first I said nah, I’m not gonna write a poem. I got a fic to work on.

And yet, I was already looking for a photo for a banner. Then I made the banner. Then...

Me: Hoe don’t do it.
Me: *opens a new word document and starts writing a few lines*
Me: Oh my god.

The next thing I knew, I was working on this poem instead and though it was hard and took me a while, I finished it and posted it.

Well.

WHAT THE FUCK, ALIYA. YOU’RE ALREADY PUTTING THE HAYLIVER ASIDE TO WORK ON THIS MELEX AND NOW YOU PUT THE MELEX ASIDE TO WORK ON THIS POEM ABOUT ANOTHER PAIRING. WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

why do i do this to myself

Though I’ll admit, it was fun to write. It’s just. I feel like I’m taking forever on this fic. But hey, I’m working on it right now and it’s going good so far, so I guess it’s not really a big deal. Maybe I’ll write more poetry in the future.

If you wanna check out my poem, you can. I warn you, though. It’s cheesy as fuck.

Alright, I got class soon so I gotta go. Hope everyone’s having a good day. Happy 4/20! i don’t smoke btw

Deuces.
April 20th, 2015 at 08:27pm