Jack of All Trades and Master of None...

Jack of all trades and master of none. I have heard this said by many as if it was a bad thing that you master no one thing. Life is not all about one thing so I don't see how mastering one thing is better than mastering none and being efficient at many. I enjoy different hobbies they mainly all fall into the art category.

I write because its a way to share my view of the world. It also happens to be one of the things I don't struggle with often.Photography is another hobby I enjoy because I feel a photo captures a moment in time. I like to take many random pictures. I struggle with it often I usually have to take about 10 pictures before I find one I am fairly happy with. I used to draw and I gave it up and never went back to working on it. Maybe someday in the future I will go back to it but just not now. I don't feel that I am ready to throw myself into it. The next two will be for you to decide for yourself.

Cooking and Baking do these fall under the arts category? I feel that they are an art form but that is my opinion. I think its an art to be able to transform raw materials into beautiful creations that you can taste. I like to eat and as a result I am always experimenting with cooking and baking. I am no professional but I have the ability to do a decent enough job. It makes me happy and its all that truly matters.

I have not mastered any one thing but I have perfected my ability to versatile. Life is always changing and you have to change with it in order to maintain the things in life I wish to keep enjoying.
Are you a jack of all trades? Has being the master of one trade hurt or helped you? Have you mastered a trade?
April 21st, 2015 at 05:37am