Emotions- Ew

Image

The other night I was feeling some pretty strong emotions. I admit, I was vulnerable. A person that is very, very special to me got into a motorcycle accident. Those are scary! They pretty much always end up badly. Really, really badly. I felt so sick and I felt useless.
I didn't know what to do, but I thought it wasn't very healthy to just sit around waiting to hear some good or bad news. My friend invited me to go to her room and watch a show she really likes. So we were doing that and although I was enjoying myself, a part of me was still worried. Even worse, I felt guilty for trying to forget about what was happening just because I couldn't handle it. Then I kind of stopped talking with my friend and stopped laughing and paying attention to what was going on. I was just waiting.
My friend eventually realized that something was wrong and pretty much forced me into telling her what was going on. I refused for about an hour, but then she got tired of that cat and mouse game. She used the dirtiest trick up her sleeve; she tickled the answer out of me. Basically torture. Hey, I'm not advocating torture right now but maybe sometimes the only way to get the information you're seeking is to resort to such tactics. Take notes from my friend because she knows what she's doing.
Anyway.
As soon as I started talking, my eyeballs started leaking so many tears that I definitely could have taken care of that drought in California. I mean, salt water is still water. Take it or leave it, Californians.
She came over to me and she held me. She. Held. Me. Looking back on it now gives me shudders. Why did I let that happen? Nobody is supposed to know that I'm an actual human and I have actual emotions.
On the bright side, my special someone is 100% fine, but on the not so bright side, my friend now knows the truth. She must be terminated.
Frankie, initiate the plan.
April 26th, 2015 at 07:28am