Things Are Changing

Starting again

Ok... So before I moved to Scotland my intentions were to get 4 things as soon as possible, to get a good part time job, to make a bunch of new friends, the best girlfriend in the world, and a new car.... Within the first 6 months of living here I had achieved that, I almost immediatley found a job, 5 minute drive, 7.21 an hour and 9 hours a day, its the perfect little part time job, but thats all it is, its only a little job.

Wherever Ive gone, all around the UK and whenever I go on holidays making friends just comes naturally to me, I dont try hard, people just tend to like me and now I have dozens of friends up here, the relationship with Amy took it away and my obsession with her took my social life away from my friends, but now I have more friends in Aberdeen than ever before.
Its good, this week I have my entire week planned with seeing different people, thats the first time Ive been able to do that since Ive been up here!
When I was back home in Torquay for 2 weeks I spent every single day with various friends, most days I would see 2-3 different friends in a day, it was incredible, and I love my friends, I dont have hundreds but I have a good few dozen, and a dozen of whom I can honestly trust with my life.

I managed to get a girlfriend, she was attractive and she was incredible, things didnt work out, she changed, I changed, it just happened to end, I dont like thinking about it and I dont like talking about it, I probably wont for a very long time.
So now I have to start over again, take my time, get to know whoever my next girlfriend is, but my standards have always been weird, I dont want any girlfriend, I want the best girlfriend, Amy was that for the large part of the relationship until she changed. The reason I have standards so high and the reason I dont just want any girlfriend is because I know what I can offer to a relationship, I put absolutely 100% of my effort into that person and nothing makes me happier than spending my time with them making them smile and laugh. I know from experience and through other people that there arent many guys like that around....

Ive had a lot of fun in the past couple of months being single, I dont want to go into too much detail but yeah, it was alot of fun... Now I have a couple of exams coming up, so I need to get serious, get through this and start again, whoever the next girlfriend is, whether it will ever be Amy again or whether its another girl, I will be an even better boyfriend because Ive learnt so much about myself now and what needs to be done on my side to maintain that good relationship, because yeah, I lost it quite a bit in the relationship with Amy but equally she did aswell. Will she admit that? No, never, but hey ho.

I managed to get a new car aswell, so thats a good long term investment until I start rolling in money and I can actually get a really nice car... Enough of these generic Audis, BMWs, Minis.. Ive got my eyes set on something that will turn every single persons head and whats more is that its actually realistic.

Things are changing, I can feel things around my change, Ive started to do things for other people that a couple months ago I wouldnt have done, it makes me feel really good to help out friends and people I know. Today I said Id help some guy from work move some stuff to his new apartment, I would never have done that before but I dont know, I just like helping people, and I love seeing people smile and I love making people laugh... I can tell you now, the old Jake is
April 27th, 2015 at 01:25pm