The End of My Freshman Year of College

Hey guys! So this year has definitely been pretty crazy. It's not at all what I was expecting it to be, and that's kind of in a negative way, but I'm not too upset over it. I expected college to be the greatest time of my life and so it was a lot to live up to in. In reality, it's just school.

Wednesday is my last day of classes and then my finals are next Monday and Wednesday. I work that Thursday for the last time until next year, and then I'm done for the summer. So the end of the semester is coming pretty quickly. I've got Bs in all my classes right now, which is pretty good since I didn't work as hard as I should've. It's just my German class that I'm unsure about, but I'm pretty sure that it's a good grade. I'm thinking a B as well.

I wish I would've tried a little harder and mixed some As in there too, like I did last semester, but this is was a rocky semester for me and I've been trying to work through quite a bit of stuff having to do with college, so I came out alright. I didn't damage my GPA, so I'm happy.

To tell you the truth, I'm super relieved that it's almost over. The end came so quite that I didn't really even actually realize that summer was almost here until two weeks ago. Now that it is, it's all that I can think about. I'm just going to push myself through these last few days, do well on my finals, and enjoy my summer before I move back up here.

The only thing I'm going to miss is my job. I work at the Writing Center on campus and I love it. I love the people that I get to see everyday, I love that I have Fridays and the weekends off, I love how stress free it is. I'm really going to miss it. Of course, I'll get to come back next year again, but still, I'll have to find another job this summer and nothing is going to be as cool as the Writing Center.

Overall, I'm relieved that it's the end. I'm feeling alright about my grades. I'm ready to be done and to spend the summer without being around so many people.

How has your first year been!?
April 27th, 2015 at 07:31pm