My Name's Aliya and I Care What You Think.

Image

Image

Image

still twenty one pilots af

No, but really. It’s about time I reintroduce myself to Mibba since I’ve been here forever (almost 8 years) and since then a lot of people have joined. Also it’s Mibba Positivity Month and I’m actually going to participate since I didn’t last month. Time to tell you guys about myself and hey, you might learn stuff about me you didn’t know before.

Image

So hey, guys! I’m Aliya and I joined Mibba all the way in September 2007. I was among the huge crowd that came from ImNotOkay.net after seeing an MCR story that I wanted to read that required me to join the site. Before that I had never heard of fanfiction, but wrote some stories of my own back in elementary school so obviously I was interested. I introduced myself in the forums (and Audrey had to warn me not to post in the wrong thread and advertise my story) and then was so interested in all the stories that I began to work on my own.

My first story on here was an original fic based on me and my best friend (who I had a crush on) and that’s all I’m saying about it because it was really bad. After a few more original works, I decided to try my hand at fanfiction and still do fanfics today. That still doesn’t mean I won’t do original stories. It’s just I’m having so much fun with fanfiction.

I live in California, more specifically the Bay Area which explains why I say “hella” a lot. San Francisco is where I was born and I will forever love this city. I’m Filipina and proud, of course. Sadly, I can’t speak Tagalog because my parents are American born and can’t really speak it good themselves. I mean, they understand it but can’t say the words right, you know? But I still wanna learn on my own. I’m all about family. I have a huge family with a bunch of cousins, aunties, uncles, godparents, you name it. I love spending time with all of them and my “fruzzins” (aka my cousins who are also my bffs) are my main squad.

I’m currently going to community college and majoring in Graphic Design. It’s been fun taking all these art classes even though it’s a lot of supplies I have to buy. I plan to transfer to the Art Institute in SF and really want to work for Google’s design team. That’s just my dream job, but maybe I can get it one day. Other than art, I love love love to sing. That’s my biggest passion and the talent that I’m so blessed to have. I’ve performed during big family events and still surprising people with my voice. I kinda play piano, too. If you wanna hear how I sound, here’s a cover of me singing “Somewhere in Neverland” by All Time Low. It’s the not my best, but decent enough.

If you didn’t know this already, my favorite band is Paramore and they mean so much to me. They’ve helped me become much more positive and are the reason why I’m still alive and the person I am today. Haven’t seen them live yet but I’m going to make it a reality one day. I write about Paramore and Bring Me the Horizon, another favorite band of mine. Again, for those that know me, my OTP is Hayley Williams and Oliver Sykes because I believe they’d be great together. Because of my obsession with this crack pairing, I have become the Hayliver Momma and you are all my children. All of you.

I’m all about bands. Besides Pmore and BMTH, some other bands I love are twenty one pilots, All Time Low, You Me at Six, PVRIS, Tonight Alive, We Are the In Crowd, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At the Disco, and there’s a lot more but that’s all I’m gonna name for now. I’m always quoting lyrics, making references, making gifs for Tumblr, etc. I fucking love bands.

More into my writing, I do a lot of one-shots and I guess they’re longer than the average one-shot? Like they can range from 5k-10k. Though I’ve gone higher. One of my one-shots reached 25k and for some reason I still bother making word count goals even though I always surpass my intended target. The one-shot I’m currently working on is at 10k and I’m not close to finishing tbh. I mostly write fluffy shit, but sometimes I do hurtful stuff. And the thing with me is that apparently when I deliver hurt, I deliver.

I can also be pretty fucking sarcastic sometimes to the point where I seem rude, but when you really get to know me and stick around, I’m loving and will care for you till the day I die. Just don’t mess with me and the people I love and we’re cool okay. And just so you know, I’m one of those crazy girls.

Some other facts about me:

- I was born on January 3, 1995. (I’m 20)
- My zodiac sign is a Capricorn.
- I have a pug as you noticed in the gif of me above. His name is Eggroll.
- Never been in a relationship.
- Believe it or not, I’m the middle child. I have an older sister (23) and a younger brother (14).
- Been really into cooking lately because I’ve been watching the cooking channel a lot.
- Never gotten drunk, but I’m not against drinking. I babysit those who get wasted.
- Not against smoking weed and tbh I’m probably gonna smoke one day.
- I punched a boy in the face when I was little.
- Already broke a boy’s heart in pre-school. Oops.
- Learned some Tagalog by listening to modern Filipino music.
- Steven Universe if my favorite show right now.

Most recent thing I’ve written: Safe & Sound

Social Media
Instagram: aweewah
Twitter: skylitaliya
Tumblr: aliyasexception
Snapchat: aliyamarina

Currently listening to: Bed Peace - Jhené Aiko (ft. Childish Gambino) bc i’m still working on this melex

My Day: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao = Filipino parties. Pacquiao lost but it’s okay bc today also marks 11 years of Paramore.

Also, Taylor York ruins my life.

And that’s about it for my introduction blog. This is pretty long, but hope you enjoyed learning about me!

Deuces.
May 3rd, 2015 at 09:56am