Sad Face. I Might Not Be Able to Afford Comicon. [Rant on Being Broke and Child Support]

Why can't I be rich.
Like no joke, in this moment I'd love to have money that wasn't designated for bills.

I haven't paid rent or cable yet, rent will get paid a day late when my boyfriend gets paid because my check was only $600. I had to get gas, and buy food and formula so by the end we're short almost $220 for rent; which is fine because my boyfriend's check will cover it but that means they'll only be like $100 left because he pays over $300 in child support every money. And we won't have ANY money to pay cable until I get paid again on the 15th, which it'll already be in the process of being shut off.

My boyfriend literally makes $600 after his child support and taxes are paid. Like what the fuck? How do they expect him to survive and support a family if he doesn't make any money and on top of it, if he gets a job that pays more they told him they're going to take more. So it isn't even worth him finding a job. All the while the mother of his daughter is a "full-time student" who lives in government housing (they ask her every month how much she can afford to pay and that's what they take! (thats what she told him at least)) and doesn't have to pay any bills except for her phone and gas and of course support my boyfriend's daughter with the money he sends.
I have NOTHING against him paying child support but she should have to get a job. She isn't even trying to find a job; she drops his daughter off at daycare almost every day and goes home to "study" because she's on online college. She has time for at least a part time job, 20 hours a week. SOMETHING.

Whats got me hanging on this is on 4/20; the famous weed day for all the potheads she asked my boyfriend what he did for the "holiday" because he used to smoke weed when he was with her; USE TO being the operative word, he stopped smoking after our son was born. Then she was like, "Sucks for you. Yeah, I went out and bought an ounce to make weed oil so I could make pot brownies."
SHE DOESN'T HAVE A JOB?! WHAT MONEY WAS SHE USING?!
Obviously the $1000 tax return that was held from my boyfriend and given to her for back child support had funded her $300 endeavor. And the fucked up thing, he doesn't have proof because she said it over the phone. AND HE PAYS ALL THIS CHILD SUPPORT AND CAN'T EVEN SEE HIS DAUGHTER! The court won't instill a parenting plan since she's out of state unless he goes up to where she is and files it there but were broke and can't afford the fees for filing, or traveling, or even a family lawyer. Its all just so fucked up because she just turned 2 and he hasn't been able to actually spend time with her since she was four months old and it kills him every day to not be able to see his daughter.

All the while she's smoking away his money we're struggling to feed ourselves and pay our bills on time and I'm stressing out because I can't find a job that will pay me more with the hours I need and my boyfriend can't find a night job that will pay him more (not that it'll be worth it...). Thank god my landlord isn't a fucking dick. Before Ethan we always paid rent a week or even two weeks in advance, we're quiet tenants who don't have the cops called on them or have noise complaints and I've known the guy for several years so he's willing to be lenient a day or two but it's besides the point. I shouldn't have to struggle to keep a roof over my son's head or formula in his bottle.

The fucked up thing is I can't get any assistance, they're already trying to take away my medical care and told me I make too much for SNAP (the average family gets $29 a week, $120 would sooo help out) but no, they're pretty much telling me I have to be a lazy bum and quit my job to be able to get help.

So yeah, moral of this story is unless my next check is at LEAST $700 which it wont be unless I work two 40 hour weeks (and I only had 30 HRS this week which is for next check...) I won't be getting a good check. I will not be attending comicon which means I won't be seeing Sherrilyn Kenyon my favorite author and hero. So I'm going to wallow and cry in despair and try to find ways to trip up his ex girlfriend so her bad deeds are realized by the damn state.
May 4th, 2015 at 07:52am