News in My Town

Alright, so we've had a big night. This is kind of a complaint as well, but I'll get onto that later.

Last night, May 3rd, at approximately 10 o'clock, our town had a big fire. Guess where it took place? Our school district's bus barn. Yep. And guess what else? We still had school this morning.

The fire altogether took out half of our buses. It started in the barn and then hit one of the buses. The propane tank on that bus blew up, followed by a domino effect of seven other propane tanks blowing. We are left with only five. Apparently there was an electrical issue, which is kind of weird for happening at ten. They say eight of the buses were completely destroyed. Nobody was there, so no one got hurt, thankfully. They decided on doubling the routes for a couple of the buses, which wasn't a bad idea, but it's till a lot of work for the drivers.

The thing about it is that we still had school today- the morning after. We have two and a half weeks left, which is why I think they had school. I honestly do not think it was that smart. I'm not saying this because I didn't want to go to school, I'm saying this because I feel that it is unsafe for the students to be traveling via bus considering what happened. They are saying it was an electrical issue, yet it still could have been something different. As of now, none of the other buses have exploded.

Well, thank you for reading my little news story. I know it isn't that exciting, but yeah. Leave me comments with your opinions. I'd love to hear them.
May 4th, 2015 at 04:49pm