I Have a Challenge for You Mibba!

So, I was sitting around trying to think of a good blog topic, cause its nice to sit down and write something other than a story once in a while, since I don't blog nearly as much as I used to. I've been trying to change that, but honestly, I'm too lazy, and quite frankly, I don't usually get too much of a response.

But then I realized that there aren't a whole lot of blogs getting many responses, simply because Mibba land has just been kicking back and relaxing here for a while (oh, yeah. I won't say Mibba is dead, 'cause its not.)

After my little realization, I started trying to come up with a cool little idea that might kick Mibba in the ass and get some conversations flowing.

Well, what's one of the main things that tend to get us Mibba-lovers spazzing all over the place aside from our various fandoms; SHIPS!

There is nothing that makes me crazier than my favorite character ships, or just ships in general, and I know a lot of you guys are the same way, so, I declare we have a ship appreciation day here on Mibba!

All you have to do is pick all your favorite ships from any stories, shows, movies, or even your own characters, and write a blog about them. Include as many gifs and rants/spazz outs as you want, tell why you ship them, do whatever, just get your appreciation out there! Encourage friends to do the same and get the conversations (and inevitable flailing) going.

Anyways, that's my challenge for you, inhabitants of the Great Land of Mibba, and to start it off, here's my list:

In honor of Star Wars day yesterday, I'm starting off my list with the ship that's currently got me internally screaming at an alarmingly often rate.

Hera and Kanan - Star Wars Rebels.

*Cue horrific spazzing sounds here*

When I first started watching this show, I seriously thought these two were together, cause Hera calls him 'love' a couple of times.

BUT GUESS WHAT?

THEY'RE NOT TOGETHER.

Why, I haven't got a damned clue. But they should be, because there's such a wonderful chemistry there; Kanan's the leader, but its Hera that's calling the shots. Aside from that, the show's first season follows Ezra Bridger, a resourceful kid that's been on his own for years, until he meets Kanan and the crew of the Phantom. Its great, because from that point on, Ezra and Kanan very much have a strong father/son kind of relationship, and Hera has a very motherly nature. Between her and Kanan, that admiration that Ezra has for the two of them just seems to solidify the chemistry between the two. I dunno, just right off the bat, I adored these two and I can't wait to see how their relationship progresses. Hopefully they end up together. If not...

*more screaming*

My next ship, going to a classic favorite show of mine, Avatar the Last Airbender, is Zuko and Katara.

*Ducks under table.*

Yeah, I said it. While I love Katara and Aang, the chemistry between Zuko and Katara, all the way up from book one to book three, all the tension just...

GAH!!!

Shoot me.

One of the moments that kills me the most is the first episode featuring the pirates. When he captures Katara, her defiance and attitude towards him just drives me nuts. Another favorite is the Southern Raiders from book three. Not only does the episode give even more dimension to Katara's already incredible character, it brings some healing to her anger that's geared both justly and unjustly towards him. Though she doesn't forgive the man who killed her father, she does forgive Zuko, and that shows great strength.

Another of my favorite ships, hands down, is Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist.

What I love about these two is that they maintain their professional relationship, while at the same time, you know they know each other very well; they know each other's strengths and weaknesses, what they've been through. When it comes to Roy, Riza makes up for the things he lacks, and not only that, she puts up with all of his BS. Regardless of Roy's antics, they're fiercely loyal and protective of each other. They've got that kind of "I will follow you to hell and back" kind of relationship and I love it. :)

Anyways, those are just a few of mine. Now I wanna know yours!

~Breanna
May 5th, 2015 at 08:31pm