An Ode to Nic.

Hello all! And welcome to this lovely interview about our lovely Nic, though you might know her as fauvism. She is beautiful, smart, talented and amazing. She is the one user that will take time out of her day to just talk to you about anything and everything. Nic is more concerned with the world than herself and is so deeply emotional that it moves me to tears somethings. I feel that my life is better because she is apart of it and she is what gets me through some days because I know I get to come home and sit down with my baby in my lap and talk to her on Facebook or Mibba and I know that she will make me laugh.

I picked some questions; some focused on her and some focused on her as a writer because lets face it we're on a writing website and the questions just seem appropriate so we can get to know Nic a little better.

What were you like at school?
"In all honesty I was very much a teacher’s pet, but not really to just kiss up to them. I never really had any problems carrying out conversations with my teachers and getting to know them, it was just something I liked to do. I was generally quiet in class unless it was a class of people I was comfortable with. I talked a lot then and of course the sarcasm was astonishing. I know that my smart mouth got me in trouble plenty of times but it still never stopped me."

What are your ambitions for your writing career?
"When I was young I wanted to be the youngest girl to write a novel but that’s long passed gone. At this point I just want to write and finish something that means something to me. I write to vent, to get out feelings even if they’re not so clear in my writing I only write when I’m feeling something in excess and so I just hope that some time I can write enough and feel enough that it translates into a full story that in turn could hopefully move others reading it."

Which writers inspire you?
"I don’t read much anymore. I couldn’t tell you the last time I was inspired by writing itself, it’s been very long that something really struck a chord with me and made me want to write. It just seems that lately it’s less of writing that inspires me and more music and emotion."

So, what have you written?
"When I was younger I wrote only poetry which is fairly obvious I believe in my writing style. It’s all purple prose, or a lot of it is. I've never had any of my works published and that’s alright to me, a few of my stories had been popular on Mibba but I don’t really write for that. Anyway, I used to write a lot of one shots that could double as poems about drugs and addiction as well as a few on cults and such. My chaptered stories can be about a lot of things but nowadays they tend to be horror/thrillers about murderers or cults. I’m trying to get back to the first story I posted on Mibba which was a cult story that I abandoned because it was just so disturbing. I felt like I was on the right track if it even creeped me out."

What are you working on at the moment?
"The only story I’m actively working on right now is called Between Two Lungs and it’s like I said, a story about a cult. I have nothing else planned and have little intention to continue much else until BTL is on its way. I do have ideas for older stories I have written but one at a time."

What’s it about?
"Between Two Lungs follows a woman and her experiences and relationships within a cult. I can say although it will be mostly about her it is a story about how the supporting characters ended up in their own situations as well and a lot about how the cult functions."

What genre are your books?
"Lately, horror/thrillers and psychological thrillers, before they ranged from romantic fantasies to crime thrillers and tons in between."

What draws you to this genre?
"Thinking in a very unique point of view, something you wouldn’t normally think about. I’m very empathetic so I really find myself wanting to know why people think the way they do or why they do things they do and I take their reasoning and put that into my writing as though I felt that way. Which is actually the reason I stopped my first story, I was way too young to be trying to think about all of that. It was too much."

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
"Oh man, I haven’t even thought about it. Actually I wouldn’t want anyone playing any character in the story, the situations I’m putting them in are so terrible. I’d feel so bad."

How much research do you do?
"Too much. There is such a thing as too much research and I did it. I research almost every time I open my document and it’s so bad but I try to be as accurate as possible but I realize that my readers aren’t going to hunt down every odd end I stick in the story because they might just trust I know what I’m talking about."

Have you written any novels in collaboration with other writers?
"No, I’d like to but group writes scare me."

When did you decide to become a writer?
"Back when Twilight was the coolest thing ever. And also had no sequels."

Why do you write?
"To express myself."

What makes you decide to sit down and actually start something?
"Usually just too much emotion. I find that it’s easier to write when I am feeling something because it’ll help get the feeling off my chest and then I usually feel better. A lot of my one shots have also been very saturated with how I feel."

Do you ever get writer’s Block?
"Hah, yes, all the time."

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?
"Write around it. Start things that don’t connect to the story or where you want it to go, write something different, write something completely unrelated. Don’t think about the plot you had in mind, just write to write and if you can’t even do that, take a break, walk away, don’t get frustrated and come back when you find a spark of something come to you. Even if it’s just a line, try to get it down, it can turn into something else in moments with a thought."

What is your favourite motivational phrase.
“If you obsess over whether you are making the right decision, you are basically assuming that the universe will reward you for one thing and punish you for another. The universe has no fixed agenda. Once you make any decision, it works around that decision. There is no right or wrong, only a series of possibilities that shift with each thought, feeling, and action that you experience.”Deepak Chopra

What is your favourite positive saying?
“Take a shower, wash off the day. Drink a glass of water. Make the room dark. Lie down and close your eyes. Notice the silence. Notice your heart. Still beating. Still fighting. You made it, after all. You made it, another day. And you can make it one more. You’re doing just fine.” Praise Tumblr and the tagged quotes on my blog, hm?

What is your favourite book and why?
"I don’t have one haha."

What is your favourite quote?
“If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I’m not frightened by anyone’s perception of me.”Angelina Jolie

Where can you see yourself in 5 years time?
"Conquering depression and hopefully happier with a more fulfilled life. And a girlfriend Har har."

What is your favourite movie and why?
"La Vie d'Adèle simply because Adèle honestly went through a lot of things I can identify with today, closely followed by Girl, Interrupted for the same reason."

What advice would you give to your younger self?
"Do not think that falling for one girl and losing her is the end of the world and do not take everything so personally."

Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
"Angelina Jolie for sure, she is my favorite person ever. But actually if I had the choice I’d much rather hopefully she doesn’t even ever see this D; meet Martin Luther King Jr. It really hurts me knowing that if he hadn’t been killed he could have been alive today. I could have met him today and seen him. That really hurts, I would have done anything to have met him, even Malcolm X too. Sheesh I wish I could meet a lot of people, actually. Shame."
May 6th, 2015 at 04:35am