Who Is Katie?

I have been thinking about what to put into my re-introduction blog for a long time, but I don't think I'll ever be able to come up with something that seems good enough to re-introduce yourself to something that is such big part of your life, so I'm just gonna jump right into it.

I think the essence of me can be boiled down into just 5 little categories:

1. Me + My Family
2. Me + My Boyfriend
3. Me + Teaching
4. Me + Writing
5. Me + Animals

I am at a place in my life right now where everything has just fallen into place. As such, I am constantly waiting for something to come around and tear it all to pieces. Ah, the joys of living with mild anxiety. So, let's add another category.

6. Me + My Anxiety

I have a really weird form of anxiety. I don't get anxious around people or when I'm out doing things. I spend about 80% of my free time worrying that everyone around me is going to die. It sounds crazy and I wish I was lying, but I'm completely serious. Whenever I leave someone, I am terrified that I'll never see them again.

Anyway, that wasn't what this blog was supposed to be about. I'll just sum everything else up pretty simply.

I have the best family in the whole world - both immediate and extended. They are all so wonderfully supportive, and I know I can count on them for absolutely anything.

My boyfriend is my lifeline. We have been together for 3 and a half years now and he just completes me. He is everything that I need him to be and more. I couldn't ask for a better soulmate!

I have THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD. I don't think I could be anymore passionate about my job than I am. Teaching is absolutely everything to me and I feel so blessed every day to be able to devote my life to something that I care so much about. I am one of the lucky ones.

Writing is my #1 hobby, though I haven't felt very creative lately. Most of my writing is in the form of annotations while grading papers, so I don't really feel the creativity flowing through me anymore. I am trying to get back to it, though.

If there is one thing I am passionate about outside of my work as a teacher, it is animals. I volunteer at my local animal shelter and am currently looking into becoming a dog foster parent! I cannot wait to see where this new road takes me on my journey to help animals!

Well, I think that just about sums up everything that is Katie. You know, all the nitty gritty stuff.
May 6th, 2015 at 07:37am