Now I'm One of Those Crazy Girls (Ships)

Everybody run and hide because Aliya’s going to be talking ships.

I was trying to think of a witty title for this blog, but really let’s be honest. The perfect way to title this was to put my theme song because I’m crazy af when it comes to my ships. I’ve always thought of making a blog about this, but never got around to it and now have the excuse.

I’m all about ships in the music world. Forreal. Because of that, my ships got theme songs and my two OTPs even have whole playlists dedicated to them. Since I’m pretty sure everyone knows who my two otps are, I’mma put those at the end and start with other ships first.

Okay here we go:
ALIYA’S FAVORITE SHIPS

Jack Barakat and Tay Jardine (Baradine)

Image

I’ve really grown to love these two. I know people love to ship Tay with Alex, but I see her being with Jack. They’d be so fucking cute together and shoutout to johncorneliusocv for providing so many cute (and hot) fics of these two because they sadly get overshadowed by Taylex and Jalex.

Image

Look at these lil shits. I just think they’d be a great match because they’re birds of a feather. They’re both goofy and adorable, but I feel Tay’s still mature enough to keep Jack in check and over time he’d be more mature, too. Of course he’ll still make all his boner jokes and shit, but he’ll also be completely lovesick over Tay.

Theme song: Kiss Me Again - We Are the In Crowd

Lynn Gunn and Alexa San Roman (Lynnexa)

Image

THESE BAES THO. How can I describe how beautiful they are? This is the pairing of Lynn from PVRIS and Alexa from Love, Robot. Two badass and gorgeous babes of rock and the best part is that this isn’t just made up from my crazy-ass brain. THESE TWO ARE ACTUALLY DATING. That’s right, this ship is canon and nobody could ever sink it because their love is unstoppable and I’m so done I can’t handle them.

Image

SEE LOOK THE LOVE IS REAL. IT’S SO REAL. And they’ve sung together. You guys gotta listen to “Rain” by Love, Robot (ft. PVRIS). Just the way they look at each other in that video and I think that was before they got together. Ah, little did they know that they’d fall in love and ruin me. They always stick up for each other when being harassed by pervs on social media and do cute shit for each other, like when Alexa surprised Lynn at one of her shows. Seriously, once you fall in love with these two there’s no escape.

Theme Song: St. Patrick - PVRIS

Jenna McDougall and Vic Fuentes (Venna)

Image

yes i ship them because i am trash and i don’t care bc LOOK AT THEM Right, so I’m one of those people that ships Vic and Jenna. I don’t know man, seeing them on stage together and how they were hella flirtatious in the video of them singing “Hold On Till May” got me feeling things and I’m not leaving this ship I’m not sorry. Also because of Jenna I cannot accept anybody else singing that song with Vic.

Image

Did I mention that I wrote a poem about them. Look at that. My first poem in years and it’s about Venna. The thought of these two getting together brings kind of an interesting story to me that I’ve already set up in my head. I feel like a lot of people would bring up the whole age difference and it would make them question what she sees in him and say how he’s only with her for sex and that he’s manipulative and blah blah blah. But obviously there’s more to it than that because Vic is sweet and Jenna’s too tough for guys to mess with her. I plan to write a short fic about them and I can’t wait to work on it!

Theme Song: Safe and Sound - Tonight Alive

Hayley Williams and Josh Franceschi (Joshley)

Image

THIS IS THE JOSH HAYLEY DESERVES OKAY. So yeah, I know I’m the Hayliver Momma and all that, but this is the other ship involving Hayles that I absolutely fucking adore. Paramore and You Me at Six have been so tight with each other ever since 2007, creating this beautiful friendship. These two are so close and because of that stupid Kerrang podcast, they’ve pulled me in. In that podcast they talk about spooning and marrying each other. Ahem let’s not forget what they said at the end.

Hayley: We’re totally not getting married.
Josh: We are.

Image

LIKE PLEASE. WHY WASN’T THAT TRUE?? I mean, you can’t deny their relationship is amazing, what with them tweeting each other, hanging out, and how they’ve sung together on stage MULTIPLE TIMES. No seriously, Hayley’s sung with them like twice and Josh once sang “Misery Business” with them. Not to mention HOW JOSH GAVE HER A LITTLE KISS ON THE HEAD BEFORE HE DID THAT.

Image

You thought I was joking. Look at this shit. Look at it. Because of all this, I wrote three “Hayliver Betrayals and I do not regret them. Not one bit.

Theme Song: Cold Night - You Me at Six

Tyler Joseph and Jenna Black Joseph (Jyler)

Image

AKA MOM AND DAD. Another canon ship that kills me. So let me tell you a story. Tyler Joseph of twenty one pilots has dealt with having depression, he’s been so insecure for most of his life, he’s struggled with living, and he felt he couldn’t open up to people. But then Jenna comes and she makes him feel alive and he’s opened up to her, she’s made him so happy and then he PROPOSED AND HE WROTE HER A LOVE SONG AND EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL.

Image

AND AS OF MARCH 2015, THEY ARE MARRIED. She was in the “Tear in My Heart” video (btw that song has some of the sweetest lines ever) and it perfectly captures how she makes him feel. In the video, Tyler kept looking at all these people and all their faces were blurred and made him feel nervous...except Jenna. When they showed Jenna she was like an angel and we all lost our shit because she’s the tear in his heart and love of his life who has made him feel; made him human and bless her. Bless these two.

Theme Song: Tear in My Heart - twenty one pilots

Donald Glover and Jhené Aiko

Image

Just try and tell me these two aren’t perfect for each other, go ahead. FIGHT ME. Now this is the one ship I love that isn’t apart of bandom. It’s the rapper Donald Glover (aka Childish Gambino) and Jhené Aiko, the R&B singer. They’re sadly not together, just really good friends. But it’s hard to believe they aren’t because of how much they care for each other and what they say about each other. Doesn’t help that they’ve done collabs where the songs are about relationships and the music videos they’re in together portray them as a couple. This ship sails itself, I swear.

Image

This is why they’re my blog layout rn. Look at those lovelies laying together oh my lord. But still, even if they’re not dating they’ve made it very clear that they’re special to each other. Like, they know that there’s something about the other that’s amazing and that’s why they have such a strong bond. What really pulled at my heart was what Donald said about her. In his words: “I think she’s special. She doesn't need anyone. Like that’s the thing. Even if we were together, she wouldn’t really belong to me. She doesn't belong to anything… She's off in her own world.” And that’s just beautiful.

Theme Song: Bed Peace - Jhené Aiko (ft. Childish Gambino)
Did you make it this far? Because now’s time for you all to get out while you can because I’m going to be talking OTPs. This is where my chill is out the fucking window because O T P S.

ALIYA’S OTPS

Meg Frampton and Alex Gaskarth (Melex)

Image

The reason why I can’t ship Taylex and Jalex. I mean. I’ve been on this ship since 2007 and most people forget about these two. The story was that Meg and Dia were on Warped Tour around the same time All Time Low was, thus Alex and Meg meeting. Then months later they toured together again and Alex and Meg had a fling. But to Alex it was more than a fling and he fell for her hard. So much to the point where he was already in love with her and wanted to get married. Obviously, this was all going so fast for Meg and she wasn’t ready for it, so she left him. Because he was so hurt by it and still hung up on her, Alex wrote the songs “Remembering Sunday” and “Vegas” for Meg. That’s really all I know and there’s so much I wish I could learn about why she left and all that, but it’s really none of my business. All I can say is that she really meant something to him and “Remembering Sunday” is one of my favorite songs because you could tell how much he loved her.

Image

She was basically the one that got away and it really makes you think what if, you know? Yeah, Alex is happy with Lisa and engaged while Meg is with Nick (the drummer of Meg and Dia) and they’ve both known their significant others for like 10+ years, but I wonder how things would’ve been if she hadn’t left him or if she came back. In my head, I feel like they would’ve worked. It’d probably start off rocky, but I believe in time they’d find happiness together. I know it’s too late for that to happen, but damn. What if?

Theme Songs:
Remembering Sunday - All Time Low
Vegas - All Time Low
Somewhere in Neverland - All Time Low
Into You - Meg Frampton

Hayley Williams and Oliver Sykes (Hayliver)

Image

This is it. My loves. My crack pairing. My babies. My main OTP. The ship that I created way back in seventh grade and have been completely and utterly devoted to ever since because godammit, they would be perfect together and nobody can tell me otherwise. So this started as just a joke because I was getting really into both their bands at the time and was thinking it’d be funny and interesting to write a story about them hooking up. Then as time went on, I started to see that hey they could work. I know you guys are probably all rolling your eyes at my craziness and how you’ve heard this a million times, but I really do think they’d be nice together.

Image

Sadly there’s no real pictures of them together yet, but look how great they look next to each other. Why people think this ship is weird is because of how different they are. We got Hayley, who’s sweet and positive. Then there’s Oli, who’s cynical and wild. They’re complete opposites and it’s hard for people to see how somebody as “cute and bright” as Hayley would be with Oli, who’s considered “dark and troubled”. But I feel they’d balance each other out. Like Hayley would keep him grounded and Oli would help her be more assertive. They’d learn from each other I don’t know, that’s just what I think.

Did I mention that he’s actually called her “love”.

Image

SO AT LEAST THAT’S CANON, RIGHT. These two have yet to meet and I’m really wondering why they haven’t because they’re both great friends with Josh Franceschi and have a lot of other mutual friends. They were both at the APMAs and he’s posted some pics of Hayley on Instagram because she’s worn stuff from his clothing line yet still no friendship. I still have hope, though. Maybe it’ll happen this year. I know they’re both engaged and I like Chad and Hannah of course, but I will ship this until the day I die because I love them so much and will never let go. I will go down with this ship. You can fight me if you think I won’t. MEET ME IN THE PIT.

Theme Songs:
Still Into You - Paramore
The Only Exception - Paramore
I Caught Myself - Paramore
Deathbeds - Bring Me the Horizon

And those are some of my ships! I have a lot more, but this blog would've taken you 20 years to read. If you’ve made it through this whole blog, you’re the real MVP. I think I got out of hand, but come on what did you expect from me honestly. The title of this blog says it all.

Deuces.
May 7th, 2015 at 07:09am