My Current Favorite Mibba Story

According to my blog history, it's been well over five years since my last rambling entry. I joined Mibba in 2006, and since then have been guilty of participating in the "Silent Readers" club. My existence on Mibba has been long, albeit quiet. I am writing this blog today in honor of the Mibba Positivity Month Bingo (which everything should totally check out and participate in!) as well as in recognition of a wonderfully written story that currently has me captivated. I have alway been the type to read Fan Fiction, but write Original Fiction. Never have the two fields crossed. Never have I ever read Original Fiction nor have I written Fan Fiction.

The story that has broken my silence, If I Do, I'l Die, was written by the talented everythingburns. Its presence on Mibba has been one that has existed for almost two-and-a-half years! With 225 chapters and 427,119 words, Becca has been able to keep up with the episodes of AMC's The Walking Dead to the point. While some of us struggle to make it to chapter five in our Mibba stories, Becca has been avidly scribbling away at this masterpiece with the mentality and talent of a true writer. Perhaps her graduate studies have been fueling that passion.

If I Do, I'll Die is a Daryl Dixon fan fiction. My personal love for Daryl didn't inflate until probably two weeks ago. Although I've been watching TWD since it first aired, like in most of my personal relationships, it takes a while for attraction to form, which is why I just now started reading TWD fan fiction. In her story, Becca writes about another unfortunate survivor, Ava, who meets up with Rick and his group at the CDC. Like most relationships that we love, the interactions between Ava and Daryl are fueled by hatred and sexual tension. Each chapter will have you sitting on the edge of your seat, totally intrigued by the conversations, aggressive fights, and emotional denial that make up Ava and Daryl. Although Ava has her moments of clinginess and desire, I'm sure none of us would be able to blame her had we been the lucky lady stuck in an apocalypse with the hunky Daryl.

As someone who has been pursuing a genuine writing career for years and who can't take serious a story that struggles with proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling, I was very pleased to find Becca's story full with perfect diction, tone, and everything else an English teacher would be proud of. Becca captures Daryl's passively aggressive tone and accent perfectly! He isn't made out to be a man capable of emotion in this piece, but truly is the Daryl Dixon that we love and adore in the AMC series.

Although this story follows a very linear timeline chronicling the television show's episodes, the interactions between Ava and Daryl are on a roller coaster of their own. I definitely recommend this story to not only Daryl Dixon and The Walking Dead fans but also readers in search of a long-running story birthed by an author who knows what it means to commit to their writing. This is one of the longest running and best written stories that I have happen to come across on Mibba, and that's coming from someone who has been hiding in the silent shadows of this site for the past eight years!
May 10th, 2015 at 04:14am