Deleting Stories?

So I've been thinking about it a lot, and I think I need to delete some stories off of my mibba. All of them are ongoing but haven't been updated in months. The reason they haven't been updated is because I've lost all interest and creative motivation to write them. I feel like they weren't planned out well enough and thus they've fallen off the tracks a bit. It kind of frustrates me, because they all had good potential at the start, but now they're just sitting there and bothering me everyday because I know they haven't been updated and I have no material to fix that problem. So they've just been kind of a burden on me and have impacted my writing on other stories. I've begun new stories that have much better storylines and I'd rather have those posted here than unfinished tales that will probably never be completed due to a lack of motivation and writer's block. So I've come to the decision that I just need to delete them from mibba and after I've had a break from them and haven't been worrying about their existence, I may go back and revamp them and hopefully repost them later on. That way they'll stand a much better chance of getting finished with no problems. I just feel bad deleting them because one was a featured story awhile back, like a couple years ago, and now I'm just gonna erase it because it isn't getting completed any time soon. I don't know. The amount of bothered I've been just thinking about the fact that so many of my stories are sitting on this site and not being attended to because I can't write anything good for them anymore kind of outweighs the feelings I have of deleting a once featured story, though. Although I do feel very uncomfortable about it. Blegh. The stories I'm going to be deleting are Take Your Chances, a shitty Damon Salvatore fic I started YEARS ago and have yet to complete because it got so messy and bad; Strangers, a sequel to my Zak Bagans fic Home that in hindsight I just feel like it has no point existing since Home ended in a decent place anyway; The Countdown, my featured story, which I've had so many problems with in the past that it just doesn't make any sense keeping it posted until I can redo it and make it better/easier to work on; and potentially Dirty Mouth, one of my original fictions that I was really proud of until I lost motivation to work on it. I might keep it up and just post a message declaring it on hiatus, because I really am proud of it, I just need to take some time and rethink the storyline and do some hard work on it. I'll keep all of these stories saved on my computer obviously, and keep the layouts saved on my account just in case I do bring them back (which I'm hoping to do with most of them), but I just can't handle keeping them posted anymore knowing I won't get around to updating them right now. The only story I'm focused on at the moment is The Anarchist's Heart, which was also a featured story although I won't let this one fail like the other one did. I'm also working on a Damon fic similar to my old one but much, much better, so that's a good thing I think. I just know I'll feel a lot better once I get those unfinished stories out of the way and have some time to actually think about how to improve them instead of the fact that they're not complete and just sitting there. I feel like I waste my readers' time when I leave stories to die like that and it really bugs me, so I feel like taking them down for awhile is better for me and for my readers in the long run. But it still kinda sucks. I'm sure I'm not the first one to do this though, and everyone survives it and usually comes out better from what I've seen, so I'm hoping it works for me. If you read any of the stories that will be deleted, thank you so much. I'm sorry they had to end in such a crappy way and way too soon, but hopefully they'll be back and much more enjoyable for your viewing pleasure. I want to please my readers and I just wasn't doing it with these stories. So I'm gonna fix that. Please be patient with me!
May 21st, 2015 at 01:28am