I'm Disgusted

So I was on Facebook during lunch and I see that "Jimbob Duggar Tells Police of Son Josh's Acts of Molestation Almost a Year Later" was trending.

For anyone who doesn't know, Jimbob is the father on TLC's reality show 19 Kids & Counting. This family is all about Christianity, modesty, no sex until marriage, and have as many kids as you possibly can. I've noticed people either really like them or really hate them. Right now I'm on the ladder.

Well, I've never liked this family that much because I never liked their anti-gay, anti-transgender, and anti-choice political rallies. But an article came up so I read it.

The oldest child, Josh, molested five girls at the age of fourteen (and an interview just recently surfaced with this information coming out of his own mouth). It's said that he touched their breasts and fingered them without permission while they were sleeping and sometimes even when they were awake.

That's absolutely disgusting. To make it even worse, the police report was leaked and it said that four of the five victims *insert four blurred out names* "live in the same house as Jimbob and Michelle Duggar" so now there's huge speculation that those four victims are his sisters (I do wanna stress speculation because even though "live in the same house" kind of seems to make it obvious they were his sisters, the actual names weren't shown so no one knows for sure).

In the end, they just made Josh pray it away and forced the five victims to forgive him because "if God can do it so can they".

I am physically sick. My parents always told me that if something like this ever happened to me, I should never blame myself and I have the right to not forgive. The complete opposite of this happened in this situation. And now I wonder why this show is still on air?

I read a few more articles and some said that one victim wrote a note, put it in a book, and lent it to a friend so the friend could find it and say something. This just breaks my heart. How scary that must've been and how they couldn't just tell anyone and ask for help.

And no wonder Josh's siblings always look so uncomfortable around him whenever they're together on TV. It makes me wonder what these kids have been told growing up. One of the daughters even said she realized she was a sinner at six years old. Six. What six year old knows the extent of being a sinner? The same daughter even told one of her sisters that she (as in the first daughter I mentioned) is undeserving of her love. What?

It disgusts me that there are people actually defending Josh. "He was only 14" and "we all make mistakes". Excuse you? Any 14 year old should know by that age that touching anyone without permission is wrong. And I don't care how old someone is. Inappropriate touching without permission should not be tolerated. And "we all make mistakes". Bullshit. If this wasn't Josh who committed this, these people would be down his throat and tearing him apart.

This hurts just to think about. I used to watch the show for shits and giggles since I was never able to take anything they said seriously. I won't be watching it anymore if it's still kept on air.

Imma go now. Bye y'all.

UPDATE: There's an article with Josh saying, "I knew if I kept doing this, it would've ruined my life."
Yeah? What about the lives of your victims? Hmm?

And people are actually blaming this on Satan instead of Josh. "I don't understand why the devil attacks those who are on God's road but he is attacking your family hard right now." "Satan is taking over and using Josh as his physical form". Are you fucking kidding me? The man needs to take responsibility for his own goddamn actions.
May 22nd, 2015 at 12:49am