Updates on Me

Not that anyone really cares. The alternative title should probably be "Jamie Showing Off and Then Complaining About Her Life."

Well, I graduated high school recently, for starters. I didn't really think it was that big of a deal up until I got a chord right before we walked out--I ended up graduating with honors. Then it was kinda cool, because not many people did. It would've been better had I graduated with my AA as well, but whatever. I graduate with that next spring, so it's not a big deal.

(That's also why high school graduation wasn't that big of a deal for me, seeing as how I'm already more than halfway toward my next diploma.)

At the state college I've been attending, I was recently inducted into Phi Theta Kappa and invited to join the honor's program. If I can complete all of the independent study classes I need as well as the required community service hours, I'll be able to graduate with an honors diploma. I'm one of the few people to graduate high school in my family (on my mum's side at least... I'm unsure about my dad's), and I'm also the first to graduate from college, never mind be invited to do all these other things. I don't know, I mean, it might not be much compared to other people my age who've already graduated and moved on to bigger and better things, but it's still pretty cool to me.

Sadly, I don't really have much time to write or post things. Remember when I was new to this site and posted things pretty much every other hour? Those were the days. Thankfully, I've gotten better. Not so thankfully, it takes more time to write things that are at least somewhat up-to-par.

I've gotten my next post started for Can't Help, so that should hopefully be up in the next few days (if my online classes and other life shit don't consume my time too much), and I've started working on the next prompt for my 100 prompt challenge (that has been going on for like two years now), but I've also got other numerous one shots and things that need to be finished and posted.

I don't know, maybe it would be easier to just ask people what they wanted more so I'd know what to invest my time into? I probably wouldn't get any responses anyway. Oh, well. I do plan on making a short recommendation blog soon, though, and I'll probably start working on that as soon as this gets posted just because I feel like procrastinating even more than I already am.

Anyway, should I make these "updates on me" things a common thing? Or just hold off until something actually happens? That'd probably make the most sense, since nothing really happens to me all that often.

I never know how to end these things, damn it...
May 26th, 2015 at 05:29am