Fic Recommendations #1

So, as I said in my last blog, I’ve been thinking about making a recommendation blog. I’m probably gonna feel super bad when I post this, since I’ll feel like I’ll have excluded people or something, but these are fics and one shots I feel like I’ll stand by to my damn grave. They’ll all be All Time Low fanfics, but the good news is that most (if not all) can actually be read as original fiction. Isn’t that great? So if you have the time, please be sure to check out and leave some comments on the following fics!

--- ---

Full Stories

You Were Here by My Side by becausebarakat
I don’t think that I could recommend this fic enough. While there are mentions of All Time Low being a canon band, it centers on Jack and Alex having created a life for themselves outside of it all. When life becomes too monotonous for Alex, he decides to take matters into his own hands that will put the spark back into his and Jack’s relationship. Sadly, things don’t always work out the way that they should. If you’ve got the time after catching up with such a great fic, definitely be sure to check out the one-shots and fics she’s posted. They’re all definitely worth a read.

Is There Somewhere by lacemoonz
John O’Callaghan is an English teacher. Alex Gaskarth is a counselor. One late night for both brings them together, as though by fate. Except, fate has other plans for the two. I wish I could say more for this fic, but there are only two chapters posted so far. It seems like it’s going to be an excellent read, and I’m super excited to see how everything plays out. Give it a read and drop a comment to let lacemoonz know that you want more as well!

Entice by bob morley
If you’re a fan of both het and smut, Entice is the story for you. This fic, centered on Alex Gaskarth, is a continuation of a one-shot focusing on Alex and his best friend/roommate, Faye. Years of pent-up sexual tension between the pair comes crashing down around them in a lust-fueled haze. When a deeper, darker side of Alex is let loose, Faye learns more about the man she thought she knew better than herself. This fic isn’t updated often, but it’s worth the read, especially in a fandom that embraces gay ships more often than not. The good news, for those of you who prefer to read original fiction, this can be read as one. While All Time Low is canon in this fic, it’s not mentioned often nor is it truly a defining aspect to the storyline.

Alone by ilovetea
When Alex Gaskarth was just a baby, he was abducted from his own home. He grew up not knowing what the outside world was like or how a family was supposed to treat him. It was years before he was returned to his home, and he hasn’t been the same since. Now, at twenty-one-years-old, those first few years are coming back to haunt him. Alex is different than other guys his age, but for more reasons than he’s willing to let on. This fic is actually another Callakarth, and it’s one that I’m always anticipating more of. You’ll feel happy, sad, angry, and every motion in between. You can trust me on this, since I’ve recently been added on as beta. Who would know more than me and ilovetea? No one, that’s who.

One-Shots

I’m in Pain by gh0stfully
This is the most recent one-shot that I’ve read, and there’s so much to say about it that I don’t even know what to say. Makes a lot of sense, right? It’s a Jalex, only a little more than 1,000 words, and it’s by far one of the cutest things I’ve read in a good, long while. Since it’s rather short, I don’t wanna give too much away, but I will say that fighter Jack and shy Alex are an adorable pair. As well as the fact that you may as well just read every other thing she’s ever posted because they’re all great.

Sexting in Class is Fun by AllTimeJalex69
Part of a one-shot series (all unconnected), this has to be my favorite. Thus far, at least. Once again a Jalex, this NC-17 one-shot focuses around a student-teacher relationship between Alex Gaskarth and Jack Barakat. What’s better than sexting during class that leads to sex in a classroom? Not much, really. Add in the fact that Alex is nothing short of an utter cock slut, and you’ve got a perfect, smutty one-shot. It’ll certainly bring you up when you’re down, if you know what I mean. And now we’re moving on from how terrible that was…

Sick Sick Sick by lukesintodrummers
Sick Alex translates to needy Alex in this adorable Jalex one-shot. Too bad for Jack, that means added stress onto an already-heavy workload. With both an entire company depending on you to be a professional boss and a boyfriend who requires attention every single second of the day, what’s a guy to do? As an added bonus, it was sort of but not really inspired by me! What more of a reason do you need to read it? If you leave her enough comments telling her how great you think it is, she may even write a second, smutty part. Hint, hint.

I Love You to Infinity and Beyond by anotherteenwriter
“Most of the time Jack is a good daddy and most of the time Zack is a good boy but sometimes things get a little messy.” While I was a little confused about the ages of which the characters in this one-shot were, that doesn’t denote its brilliance as well as its adorable factor. This Merrikat centers on Jack, Zack’s daddy. Their relationship, while unconventional, is no less real and full of its own problems. Sometimes wanting to be a big boy is hard, and sometimes having to take care of someone who wants to be a big boy can be even harder. Sometimes, even daddy’s need a little outside help. All of anotherteenwriter’s work is worth a read.

--- ---

I probably left out some, but these are a few that I’ve read recently or that were in my subs that I feel don’t quite get the attention they deserve. I actually kind of had some fun with this, so maybe I’ll make it a monthly thing? Anyway, make sure to go read these and leave some comments! If you think I should do more recommendation blogs like this, let me know! Feel free to suggest things—even if they aren’t All Time Low fanfics, I’ll gladly give them a read and consider them for future blogs!
May 26th, 2015 at 08:51am