I Want To...

But... There's always that giant but there. But I have this and that to do. Unfortunately, I have a lot of but's. I really want to get back into writing. I put my book off for so long that I'm almost a year passed the deadline I had set myself, and I was so close to being done with it... Rather, I still am so close to being done with it. I even paid one of my friends who is a graphic designer to do the cover for it. So I do plan on finishing that, but I also want to write a book that isn't poetry. I want to be able to actually sit down and write out some thoughts and ideas and maybe find one that I can run with. Wouldn't that be a miracle? And here comes the but!

But, I now have not one, not two, but THREE kids. I know, sounds crazy right? 25 with 3 kids. They take up a lot of my time... Like all of it actually. I used to get plenty of free time to do things, like when they napped and at night after bedtime. But now I have a new baby (she's two months and totally adorable), and she takes up a lot of my time. Like right now she's sleeping on my lap. Why not in her bed you might ask? Because I breastfeed, and like trying to put a baby down in their own bed without waking them can sometimes be like trying to climb a mountain in heels. Not fun and impossible. So I have almost no time to myself because after the boys go to bed, she's still up or I'm trying to catch up on housework. When my middle kid naps, she usually wakes up, hungry and cranky. When she does sleep, its either mealtime, or someone needs a diaper change, snack, or drink. Or my favorite, I get to try and play referee between my 5 year old and my 1.5 year old. Anyways, I don't have a lot of time, but I know that if I want to write, and if I want to create works of brilliant word art, then I need to make the time. Even if that is at two in the morning when everyone is asleep. That is why they invented coffee, right?
May 26th, 2015 at 04:21pm