Well Then...

I read Audrey's blog about the word count feature that says what reading level your writing is at. I thought that I would give it a shot, so I tried it with a couple of my stories. And I have to say that I was really disappointed. Most of them were written at a 7th - 8th level, and some even a 5th - 6th grade level.

But I also tried it with my essay that I wrote for English class. And it said that portions of it were written at an 11th - 12th grade level, and other parts at a college level. Which made me aware of the fact that I am capable of writing at a higher level, and that is something that I want to do. I want my stories to be deeper and more well written than they were before.

So I deleted my prologue for Sabotage, because I know that I can do better.

And I'm also considering deleting my other stories so that I can start from scratch. As well as possibly having one more serious story (Sabotage) and one story that is more for kicks (maybe Safe and/or Derreck). Also, please ignore the fact that the images on my layouts don't seem to be working at the moment.

I just really want to challenge myself to get more into writing and to actually improve. I want to try new things and see what I am capable of. Because I know that I can do better than what I have been writing lately.
May 30th, 2015 at 05:34am