It's Never Going to Be Philippinese.

Kimi's not from Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore or China?!

Image

Yes, everyone, I am not from any of these countries. I am Filipino - somewhat proud of it.

I'm from the Republic of the Philippines and the people there are called Filipino/s. It's never going to be Philippinos, Philipphinos or Philippinese.

My country has more than 300 years of history with the Spanish colonists hence, our language is - to an extent - similar. To put it lightly, my country is a melting pot of cultures because a lot of merchants from different countries travel to my country and barter stuff. Due to that, we get snippets of their language - some words of theirs and put it into our language which is called Filipino. It's not Tagalog because that's a dialect. There are MANY dialects more than 20?????????????????? That's what I think. The ones I know are Ilonggo and Tagalog.

Bisaya is a whole new language - in my opinion. It's hard to learn because there are intonations and most of its words don't have literal meanins.

Anyway, we have more than 7000 islands and the beaches are amazing. The seafood is amazing. THE DRIED MANGOES ARE THE BEST. I HAVE NEVER TASTED BETTER MANGOES THAN PHILIPPINE MANGOES. It's yellow and juicy af and we turn it into shake because it's so yummy.

One of the President's places is called Coconut Palace and I think that's the best name for a palace ever.

THE CUISINE HERE IS THE BEST I TELL U
I'll list down the best stuff so you guys will know:

Image
That's called chicharon and it's deep fried pork or chicken or fish or alligator or dog or whatever.

Image
That's sisig which is made from any kind of meat (even fish) and seasoned with salt, pepper and other spices ESPECIALLY CALAMANSI (citrus).

Image
Who can forget this baby? It's called lechon and it's roasted pig. It's the best.

Image
THERE'S ADOBO. I LOVE ADOBO. It's also one of the best part of Philippine cuisine. It's meat marinated in soy sauce or salt with bay leaves and other shit you put inside that baby

Image
It's caled mais con yelo or hielo and it's basically crushed ice + corn + evaporated milk + cream or milk + ice cream + anything you wanna add.

Image
This is called halo-halo which is derived from the word halo which means to mix. It's pronounciation is nowhere near the English halo. I can't explain it lol. Halo-halo is crushed ice with evaporated milk, flan, sliced tropical fruit, and sweet beans.

HOW CAN I FORGET THIS BABY?!
Image
This is dried mangoes. We really call it that way lol
I LOVE IT SO MUCH THAT I WENT TO THIS ISLAND CALLED GUIMARAS WHICH IS LIKE AN ISLAND OF MANGOES AND BOUGHT A BOX OF DRIED MANGOES FOR MYSELF. No one can have it if I can't.

Image

You die if you steal one.

Now.............................................. What else to say.....
THe music is shitty.
The people are nice but there are tons of crooks lurking about on the streets.
The celebrities are ridiculous.
The manners every Filipino born in the country is just - too much.
Most of the schools are Catholic schools.
My college is the oldest Catholic uni in Asia.
And this blog is mostly about food
Image

Fuck you all now i'm homesick and craving for Filipino food again
June 2nd, 2015 at 08:13am